GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market to buying a skyline soon. wanted to know if buying it in Japan would be better. cause in us their95k and for the same car in Japan it's45k. how would I have to modify it/how much would it costs/how would I go about getting it and who would I contact?/also what laws would I have too pass to drive it in Illinoise/ can I drive on the right side/and who would I go to, to tune it/from who could I learn from as far as tunning goes/(preferable in Chicago/and how can I tune it to 1300hp, what turbos, cams, injectors etc. I know that this is gonna cost alot but I just got started with this AWESOME internet company so money isn't a problem
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
which is best?

also wanted to ask which skyline is the best. Is it the 400R by nismo, or maybe the gtr r-34 m-spec nur. Or maybe a diff one. let me know your opinions.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
This is all purely IMHO but;

There is no 'best' GT-R it's all a bit subjective - and anyway they are all great !
If you are only looking for an R34 then you can rule out the 400R since thats an R33.
The 400R is not the way to go if you are going to tune to 1300hp anyway, as a car tuned that high is not going to bear too much similaraty to any stock GT-R.
After reading PolarBearIT's comments about the import costs into the US I'd say forget it. Go and buy Jeffs VspecII from Motorex. Even at 95k you'll be glad you did.:D :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Motorex is truely the cheapest place to get a street legal GTR in the U.S.

I personally know a guy that bought in a R34 GTR himself, after tons of hassle, he ended up giving the car to Motorex to have it legalized, long story short, he spend more then I did.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
95k I am sorry but the car is not worth that much money to be honest I Hate american Prices on cars I truely hate them for it as well ,,, am not saying this because I cant afford it hell I Have a GTR34 and am happy with it ,, but a Japanese car is not worth that much, its plastic from the inside and it stops at 180km/h as stock ,, 95k no thanks.

in my opinion I would but it for 45 YES nothing more than that... I am very luck that I got my car at a price of 25k ohh and yes mine is converted to LHD can I bring it to the states and sell it for 100 you think ?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
BBD,

Everybody value different things differently, I bought my R34 GTR for $100K and I think it is an absolute bargain. From your email, you said no Japanese car is worth 100K, then you obviously is not a Japanese car lover. I have friend in some Asian countries with 315% vehicle tax that pay $150K USD for his R34 GTR and he absolutely loves his GTR. He also have F355 and 993 turbos, but he enjoy his GTR the most. Some people think only European car worth a lot of money, to me, I won't pay $30K for a brand new F355, they are very wonderful car that sounds amazing, but it is just not what I am into.

How much an item worth is all a personal thing, some people would pay 10s of million of dollars for a painting, some people pay $100K for a pair of shoes..............most people think is not worth it, but the buyer does.

To answer your question, to make your R34 GTR street legal in the U.S., it would cost you $25K USD thru Motorex, plus shipping and import tax, it would probably cost you a total of $30K to bring your car over here, plus the $25K you pay for your car, so the car now cost you $55K, depends on the year and condition of your R34 GTR, you can get about $60K-$75K for a used R34 GTR here. So you could potentially make $5K-$20K if you are willing to go thru all that hassle.

I am asking $95K for my car because it is a 2001 V-spec II with 114 miles on it, you too can sell your GTR for $95K if it is a 2001-2002 V-spec II that are not driven at all in PERFECT condition. BTW, someone is buying my car now, so if anyone is seriously interested in it, better speak up fast or lose the chance to buy the only brand new GTR in the U.S.

Jeff

G

·
I think the baddest gtr is the 2001 r34 N1 version it has all the carbon goodies including the diffuser's and it has the n1 prepped motor inside i would definetly get this one even though it doesn't have the midnight purple paint job mostly because it's the n1 version but it add's about $10,000 more than the standard gtr, i mean the STANDARD gtr not the m spec or the nur.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Badmotha, I think you mean the R34 super N1 version which has all the carbon body panels and a s-spec rear diffuser and a t-spec front diffuser and 15 1/5 pot brakes all round ...right?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Dino,

I thought you were serious for a moment there.

I was thinking..........umm.....super N1 version..........I thought I somehow miss out on something there. Please don't scare me like that. :p

Jeff

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nice one Dino

Ha Ha Ha. What's up Jeff? Did you think for a second you were going to have to sell the N1 too, as there was a better model available?

:D :D :smokin:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
-Blue__Night-... you may want to reconsider the 1,300hp target. To make a long story short, if you want a 1,300hp GT-R that will last more than a few runs, it will cost you over $US50K just for the modifications. Obviously this doesn't bring into consideration the fact there are no tuners in the USA that have got that much power out of an RB26DETT and, consequently, you may need to have the engine built overseas.

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: Nice one Dino

Simon said:
Ha Ha Ha. What's up Jeff? Did you think for a second you were going to have to sell the N1 too, as there was a better model available?

:D :D :smokin:
Simon.........yeah exactly, and you are laughing, it is not funny.......trying to buy the latest and coolest R34 GTR brand new is not that easy, Nissan keep coming up with new model. I am glad it is all over now :p

Right after I ordered the Nur and pay for it, there was a bunch of rumor saying Nismo might make the 500R.........oh god, I got to have that if it is really coming out. Thank god Nismo didn't make it, or I would have 2 R34 GTR for sell now :(

hipogtr.............I used to have a 1000 HP target too for my GTR before I bought my car, now I know how much it cost and how long the motor/tranny/diffs. would last, my target became 600HP :p

I believe tuner here in the U.S. can get as much power as the Japanese can, it just depends on how much more it would cost and how long it would take. I agree with you, it would definitely be cheaper and quicker if is done in Japan. If I am spending $50+K USD on my motor, I would just ship the whole car to Japan to get it done. The shipping is only like $1200 USD one way.

Jeff

·
Registered
380 Posts
-Blue__Night- said:
Im in the market to buying a skyline soon. wanted to know if buying it in Japan would be better. cause in us their95k and for the same car in Japan it's45k. how would I have to modify it/how much would it costs/how would I go about getting it and who would I contact?/also what laws would I have too pass to drive it in Illinoise/ can I drive on the right side/and who would I go to, to tune it/from who could I learn from as far as tunning goes/(preferable in Chicago/and how can I tune it to 1300hp, what turbos, cams, injectors etc. I know that this is gonna cost alot but I just got started with this AWESOME internet company so money isn't a problem
Thanks in advance

wish i could afford a skyline at 20

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
LOL! I hear you, Jeff. Every now and then I have a reality check with all the mods on my car. Now if I can only keep that in my mind for longer than 20 seconds! :smokin:

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I know exactly how you feel, I don't have any mod. on my GTR yet and I think about modding it every hour or so :p :eek: :D

I should move to Japan for 1 year and bring my car with me :D so I can go crazy on it. Or just ship my car directly to Mine's and tell them to make it fast :p

Jeff :cool::p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts