GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take out my back seats, i have undone the bottom 2 bolts but the seats are still firmly in place.
Were are the other bolts please?

·
Registered
889 Posts
There are no other bolts.
Difficult to explain with my limited english but there are some sort of springs, two of them located under the seat.
You have to push them backwards with a flat screwdriver an the seat is loose.
Hope this helps.

rb26.

·
Registered
174 Posts
there are to bolts at the bottom(the ones you have removed, the lower section has clips that are under the seat that fit into the metal work, difficult to get at(I broke mine) top section has a u shaped bar that sits behind lower section and two bolts, then you have to lift it of two clips either side, can be awkward because of the trim panels, persist and it will lift up. hope this helps

regards

Jared

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,028 Posts
Hodgie,

Trying to loose weight for Spa? Mine is coming out too to accomodate my spare wheels.

This is what Gidders posted back in August...

You need to take the bottom section out first, I had a 8mm bolt either side holding the seat to the floor plan, once you have removed these bolts lift the seat up as much as you can, (about a inch) more or less directly above where you remove the two 8mm bolts you should see a white plastic clip with two metal rods going into it on either side of the seat (this is the hoop, although when fixed it just looks like two metal rods), take a flat head screw driver and place it between the two metal rods and push down so the head of the screwdriver goes into the plastic clip, this will force the handle of the screwdriver up and hopefully unclipping the metal hoop from its clip. The clip seems reasonably strong. Once you have done this on both sides simply pull the bottom section of the seat up and towards you.

The top section is far less hassle, I had screw either side, at the bottom of the back part of the seat, once unscrewed, you simply lift the back part of the seat straight up about 3 inch, there are three hooks the back seat latches onto, once lifted up pull towards you and try and wrestle your seat out through the door and thats it.
Iain

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for the quick replies guys.
Iain im doing a driving training day at Brunters on Monday and i`ve bought some standard wheels and tyres and need to get them in. Im slim already mate:D

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers mate, i`ll do must best.
I`ve got the seats out now and i`ve burnt a 100 calories so time for a cup of tea and a packet of biscuits

1 - 8 of 8 Posts