GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone.
I just wounder if someone could tell me if it is possible to replace the O2 sensors without removing the downpipes?

Also, as I have come to understand there is 2 o2 sensors on each downpipe, and the first one (closest to the turbo) is the one that is of highest importance?

Am I correct? I was hoping to be able to replace the o2 sensor with as little work as possible. But that might not be possible?
The car is an GT-R R35.

Thnx ppl

·
Registered
593 Posts
What car is it, if it is a R34 GTR like mine then you can remove them with crows feet without doing any real disassemble.
There is one for each bank, 3 front cylinders and 3 rear cylinders, there is another sensor further down which is the EGT sensor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What car is it, if it is a R34 GTR like mine then you can remove them with crows feet without doing any real disassemble.
There is one for each bank, 3 front cylinders and 3 rear cylinders, there is another sensor further down which is the EGT sensor.
No its an R35 =)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are your downpipes's standard or aftermarket?

If they're standard, I think you'll find it impossible to remove the existing sensor without removing the entire DP as the sensor is shielded and you won't be able to get any tools past the shield to slacken it.

If you've got aftermarket DP's it might just about be possible but not easy and I'm not envious of anyone attempting the task!

I would probably call and ask some advice from the likes of Litchfield or SVM if it was me.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman!

Anyone swapped out o2's with down pipes in situ?
Easiest from above or below for upstream AFRs?

Any How To for this?

Cheers
W

1 - 8 of 8 Posts