GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get the brown/yellow mess off of the back of my car by the exhaust. I presume its mostly unburnt fuel and such but its a bugger to remove. So far I haven't managed to get it all off.

All ideas welcome.

Howsie

·
Registered
312 Posts
TFR!

Try using a light TFR agent from a valeting company like AUTOSMART, dilute it down 30:1 and spray on lightly then leave for 60 seconds and wash off with soapy water!! and VIOLA! sparkingly clean!!:D :D

Stu

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
unburnt fuel

fit a power fc and get it mapped right and it will cure it
will also give you better mpg and more power also
my car is white with 576 bhp it does not get dirty anymore.

keith

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Sean

I get this alot as well and the whole of the back end will get black if left unattend even for a few weeks.
I've used T Cut a few times. Does the job but I think it takes alot of the laquer away.

R32BigSly

This stuff you mentioned, is it widely available and does it take away the laquer as well?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nope!

The stuff i mention is a weaker version of the gear used on lorries and most valeting companies sell it, including Automsmart, Neilsen Chemicals etc etc if you have a local main dealer garage they will probably have a dedicated valeting bay, so have a sniff in there and ask one of the guys for some that is how i found out!!
But you could give Cif bathroom spray a try!!!

I use that occasionally and highly recommend the LEMON version!! LOL!! :D

BTW There is 2 types of T-Cut one in the usual red can for plain paint and a blue one for metallics BOTH do not remove the lacquer when i have used them!!

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all.

Will try and get hold of a TFR product me thinks.

I think the motorway journeys I'm doing be exacerbating the problem as normal day to day driving does not seem to be an issue.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TFR

Just bought a shed load so if anybode wants some just send me a 1l container and some dosh to cover postage etc and its yours.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Sean

Could you drop some off at my cousin's when you go there next? I'll remind him to pay you as well!:D

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weka, No problem

The solution should be diluted 30:1 and then sprayed on and left for one minute. Then simply wash off. The one 1l will give you 30l of solution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts