GTR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Fuggles said:
For a great reaction you have to ask the girls. Booty-licious often get's double takes when she's driving it. Especially when they see how little she is.
Hey Im not that small. Yes I do get admiring looks, but its not the car they're looking at...LOL...yeah who am I trying to kid!

Sometimes I get the odd jerk who tries to get in the boot, but I floor it and wave bye bye in the mirror!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
r33 v-spec said:
Oh yeah and theres some ppl with German cars, i.e. Audi, BMW, and all they can come out with is "it's Japanese at the end of the day". I mean you can see where they're going=jealousy
i have to agree with this post my mate(well suppost to be) said what do you want one of them for?he owns an audi an old one at that you could see the jealousy in his face.bmw owners are also very jealous they look the other way or give you dirty looks at the lights i hate people like that still at least i can leave them behind.people in the street are a different matter though they stare, opened mouthed sometimes kids stop playing and just look in awe you feel like a king for a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
agreed all round

the skyline will never be an audi or BMW in terms of build quality or quality of interior but who gives a shit about that!! soon get bored with that!!

You can see them at the lights, they look over and go oh shite...the M3 drivers are the ones as they are no longer King of the road..ha ha.

was out the other night and an audi TT pulled up along side..2 guys in it.. they looked over smiled and I just laughed at them....
anyway a few lads crossed the road in front on crossing ...one stopped open mouthed all the others bumped into him and they all just poiunted and shouted at the GTR!! "****ing Nismo mate...that is one bad boy car" And they paid zero attention to the audi. Now HOW pissed was the TT hairdresser type!!

Me: I just nodded, revved her up, left the audi for dead at the lights and gave the boys a 6ft flame for their time.

cheers all round.

RB26 powered and loving it!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Re: agreed all round

N15MOW said:
the skyline will never be an audi or BMW in terms of build quality or quality of interior but who gives a shit about that!! soon get bored with that!!

You can see them at the lights, they look over and go oh shite...the M3 drivers are the ones as they are no longer King of the road..ha ha.

was out the other night and an audi TT pulled up along side..2 guys in it.. they looked over smiled and I just laughed at them....
anyway a few lads crossed the road in front on crossing ...one stopped open mouthed all the others bumped into him and they all just poiunted and shouted at the GTR!! "****ing Nismo mate...that is one bad boy car" And they paid zero attention to the audi. Now HOW pissed was the TT hairdresser type!!

Me: I just nodded, revved her up, left the audi for dead at the lights and gave the boys a 6ft flame for their time.

cheers all round.

RB26 powered and loving it!!
ahh the joys of having such a nice and poweful car....
*walks off and dreams*

·
Registered
45 Posts
reactions

i had to post a couple of my experiences too......
when my gts25t was standard it didnt get too much attention but since i had the JUN aero's and 19" rims its gone mad.....
up to now all good (touches wood)....ive had people respect the metal. The best one was when a merc SLK came flying up the outside lane at a red light to find me at the front. He just stared in amazement at my deep front bumper and wheels bigger than the driver and proceeded to pull away VERY slowly until he was behind me as the 2 lanes merged about 100 yrds furthur on.
I have had people drive ACCROSS small round-a-bouts with their necks cranked as far round as possible as i drive away, but the funniest for me was when i saw 2 guys walking on the pavement in opposite directions ...1 tunrned to stare at the rear end while the other looked on also and they bumped into each other square on......that and causing a few people to walk into lamp posts while i was parked are my best experiences....and im loving it......
respect to ALL RB owners.......
Keith

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
SKYLINE LOOKS

THIS IS WEIRD, ALL I GET WHEN DRIVING ONE OF MY SKYLINES IS ' FICKING HELL, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THE BLOKES SIDEBURNS, OH YEH, HES IN A SKYLINE'

STRANGE COS WHEN I RIDE MY LAMBRETTA I DONT GET HALF THE LOOKS! SPOSE ITS COS IF MY HELMET:)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Helmet?

Dirk,
Do you have a purple helmet?;) :D

Kind regards,
H

·
Registered
994 Posts
Horny

Never on a Friday night mate,I`m too knackered Luke.;) :D

"Horny Henry"

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've only actually seen one GTR locally. The guy often takes it to track days. As such it's really unique and attracts a lot of attention.

WRT to the Scooby, there are a number of individuals that after asking what it is proceed to ask foolish questions like, but is it a Nissan or Honda? :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very interesting reading folks. One thing I've noticed with mine is that all the people who wanted to race me when I had my Evo V suddenly don't want to now!

Many comments along the lines of "Nah, they're feckin' monsters, I'll get whipped!"

I'd have to say in 99% of cases the reaction is entirely positive. Quite a few people have came up and asked me about it at petrol stations etc. I guess it is just the rarity factor.

Of the negative comments everyone gets, would you say it's from a particular group?

Like to know if it's just Mercedes owners in general....

Andy T.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I think if i saw a GTR owner at a servo i would be too scared to go up to him and chat about his car. He has proberbly had 400000 million ppl ask about it he doesnt need another one.
But if i had one and peopple were asking me i dun think i would mind.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I get heaps of people talking to me in petrol stations and other places about my car and I don't mind at all.

I think you'll find that most people who own GTR's are true enthusiasts and not posers, that's the huge difference between someone who owns a GTR and someone who owns a similar cost European car.

I'm not saying all people who drive european cars of similar value don't love cars, I'm sure they do, but there is still this stigma of spending alot of money on a japanese car for some reason although I think mine was worth every cent !

JMHO

Fraser

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yer but u might get some 1 on a bad day and they dont really wanna be hassled by some guy wanting to know about his car

·
Registered
193 Posts
Best thing is..

...little kids coming up to you and saying "wow, I've got one of those in Gran Turismo, they're wicked!!" :D :D :smokin:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I take back everthing I have said last night I go out for a meal and walk out to the car park to see a little kid straching all the way down my car with a pen knife I chase after him and give him a kicking, I then spent the rest of the night at the police station and I have to go up before the masraigte next monday. Where is the justice in this world

·
Registered
766 Posts
Jodi_the_g said:
I take back everthing I have said last night I go out for a meal and walk out to the car park to see a little kid straching all the way down my car with a pen knife I chase after him and give him a kicking, I then spent the rest of the night at the police station and I have to go up before the masraigte next monday. Where is the justice in this world
damn this justice system is one of the reasons i wanna get out of this country, what happened to the kid?? got away scott free i presume?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I pi55ed off now as I might be charged, with something minor but its still a crime. I did give him a thrashing though and the police where sort of on my side

61 - 80 of 95 Posts