GTR Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
OMG :eek:

Be absoloutley certain that he gets charged for carrying an offensive weapon.

Make it plain to the judge that you were scared for your life, seeing as he was using a weapon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
hi all,well done jodi i think you deserve some kind of medal there's no disapline in the country.to many do gooders are spoiling it for the rest of us if i'd have caught him doing it to my car i'd do exactly the same thing, in saudi they'ed cut his hand off for that or he'd get lashes at the very least, british justice what a laugh!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
little fcuk-er - was the criminal over 16 ? hope the judge gives him more than the soft community service option.

hope the car can be sorted easily.

Of all the more 'different' cars I've owned I've always had an older 'banger' to take into town and park, just because of the mentality of some people.

·
Registered
49 Posts
reactions ...

I have had interest in my pretty standard r33 vspec from just about every age group. I pulled over into layby once to swap drivers and a couple in their 70s stopped and wound the window down ... he said .. that is a powerful car we watched as you passed us earlier , what is it ? And she told me it was beautiful ...
I frequently get groups of kids all stopping midflow and just staring openmouthed or waving frantically ... One of my business pnrs was asked by a nun ( yes a nun ! ) what it was and said she would love to go for a drive in it !
The looks from numerous porsche bmw and scooby drivers who frequently try to cut me up or at least keep up with me is amusing at times but bleeding annoying at others...
I have had a fair bit of work done to my house of late and there has been a succession of tradesmen around all of whom know what it is but have rarely seen one close up ... They always find the time to say how much they like it or that its their fave car ... sometimes its embarassing ... others its just a talking point ..
All in all ... its a fun thing ..

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
watch those tradesmen...

I am sure they are good men but trust no one these days.

I had my tyres swapped yesterday and they asked for my address and I just laughed at them. Yeah right mate!!
I have been followed a few times as well so a quick lap of the block, turn around and drive at them soon cures it. Quick bit of right foot then up the road gone.

Glad you like the reactions but it can be a pain sometimes.

NLW

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
HHmmmm, had an interesting reaction from a brand new evo driver the other day.........proceeded to fly up the lane beside me at a roundabout, try and cut me up by slowing down when i didn`t floor it , then stare wide eyed and angry looking as he went round the next roundabout beside me????
Lesson learnt?? No, did a quick u-turn , sat a couple of inches from his rear bumper then absolutely blasted past him at the first piece of dual carraigeway/ drag strip type of roadway.
Didn`t even slow down to see him again or his reaction and all on low boost!!!
Dont usually do this as the reactions normally are like the others read on this thread.
Childish i know but if one dances, one must pay the piper!!!

Jas

·
Registered
263 Posts
Jodi_the_g said:
I take back everthing I have said last night I go out for a meal and walk out to the car park to see a little kid straching all the way down my car with a pen knife I chase after him and give him a kicking, I then spent the rest of the night at the police station and I have to go up before the masraigte next monday. Where is the justice in this world

Jodie, only just seen this, that is absolutely un-fcuking-believable, fair play to you, would assume most others would've done the same, I know i would've, the only 'serious' question, is how much force can one reasonably use to protect ones property, if I caught someone doing that, i'd be the same as you, only problem is, not sure a magistrate would see it like that, so that said, if the little cnut had a pen-knife, then i would argue that the force you used was reasonable in that situation, coz you feared for your welfare!
Had mine vandalised, now lives in a garage with magnet sensors on both doors and 2 P.I.R detectors, you couldn't get anywhere near it without setting the alarms off. I now use the car very rarely, when i go out, i take my van, no-one goes near that !
So sad that it's come to this, really sympathise with you, and best of luck at the Magistrates, let us know how you got on.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
On a slightly different note..

How do you react to people that flash you when you're driving? I was out yesterday and some people in an oncoming Cavalier flashed me. At first I thought it might be because I knew them, but I didn't recognise them so I can only assume they did it because of the car.

Do you flash back? Wave? Ignore?

·
Registered
194 Posts
You should grin your cheekiest grin and wave back, no doubt they are warning you about the police around the corner, the tree blocking the road or just pretending htey know you to say to their mates, yeah i know someone with a Skyline...but I think its only polite to wave back (if its a nova owner just wave the middle finger) :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree.

Cheeky grin or stick yer tounge out. 2 reasons.

1. If they know you or just like the car, they'll see your obviously having fun and repect you for it. And tell all their mates down the pub about " that nutter in that minted Skyline".

Or

2. If they are just being an ar53hole, it'll p155 them off no end...:D

Andy T.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I'd be worried about sticking my tongue out at someone to be honest. I tend to be very passive on the road purely because I don't want it to come back to haunt me!

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you're as ugly as me mate it doesn't matter!:D

They're usually to busy looking at the wife or the number plate!
(Both are small and perfectly formed....)

;)

Andy T.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow lot to read there!

i dont have a skyline.. but have BIG respect for them!
I dont think i would ever have one either but thats not cos i dont lile em or think they are bad.. i'm just a nutter in a gtir who is very happy to see other jap cars on the road!
i tend to wave or flash the lights at all jap owners!

as for people that damage other peoples cars!! well i think they should all be shot!! some where that hurts but does not kill! and then left to bleed to death for a few weeks!!!
i have had 6 cars jap and non jap damaged just cos people are jelous.. well i think that is the reason anyway.. i have never caught anyone doing it.. but if i did.. god help them!

i love cars! i dont care if its a nova (not a fan but...) or a ferrari. you just look and smile! think what u like... but NEVER ever do anything aginst some one's pride and joy!

the nova boy might have just passed his test and been given that car as a present form his parents.. (my 1st was a renualt 5 campus!! 1.1) he loves his car.. nuff said!! maybe one day he will have a nicer car then me.. so who am i to diss his ride..

my pov

L.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts