GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the car to crail today, could not get to rev engine passed 2500revs on the line, i have tried with vdc switched off or on.

needles to say i bogged down pretty badly at the line :(

can you get to hold more than 2500revs on the line?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Put RRR

Push HARD on brakes
PUMP accelerator : pump to 2500, let it down to 1000 then pump again and do it like a man.

You can get it to 3500 like this.

ps never done this on mine btw. Just the US technique

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3500revs exciting stuff this :) i am sure i have read some where that some of the older cars could hold 4500revs with launch control ?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Sam,

were you the other Black...Black edition at Crail??? 4 x Gtr-35's were good to see

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam,

were you the other Black...Black edition at Crail??? 4 x Gtr-35's were good to see
hi john

yeah that was me, the GTR's were as common as hondas yesterday :eek:

how were you managing to launch the car ? i tried few combinations saying that i have only done 4 runs due to my little boy being too cold to enjoy it the day so had to leave early. RRR was probably the best but still had bogged down to much at the start of the run.

you have done very well though to get 11.3!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Sam,

I only saw two Honda motors:D On the best time i had RCN left to right but did not use Launch as i find the electronics seem to bog you down i simply nailed it and used manual shift changing at around 6000 to 6500 rpm. Ben at GTC on the other thread on European 1/4 mile times suggests i can improve by changing at 5500 rpm as i have a special IPOD tune from Ben playing at this time. Hope to try many more tunes:smokin:

Other GTR-35's were:
TrickB..Ultimate Silver
Lancerjock ..Storm White
Johnhanton57 ..Black

If your there in a couple of weeks mayber Ben will have new tunes for me to play with....Plus if you dont have one get a GTC Titan Y pipe...sounds great:D
and myself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sam,

I only saw two Honda motors:D On the best time i had RCN left to right but did not use Launch as i find the electronics seem to bog you down i simply nailed it and used manual shift changing at around 6000 to 6500 rpm. Ben at GTC on the other thread on European 1/4 mile times suggests i can improve by changing at 5500 rpm as i have a special IPOD tune from Ben playing at this time. Hope to try many more tunes:smokin:

Other GTR-35's were:
TrickB..Ultimate Silver
Lancerjock ..Storm White
Johnhanton57 ..Black

If your there in a couple of weeks mayber Ben will have new tunes for me to play with....Plus if you dont have one get a GTC Titan Y pipe...sounds great:D
and myself

believe it or not john, i am a dealer for cobb tuning myself ;) i was working on stage 1 map for my car on sunday, so to speak. i am only holding 1 bar of boost just now but still managed almost 123MPH terimanl with really poor start. i will have a stage 1 and stage 2 maps which are different from the stage 1 and stage 2 97ron cobb tuning maps.
i have the gtc Y pipe fitted to the car already. i will take the car to the dyno on thursday and see what power differences between my staged maps and the cobb tuning ones.
i got alot of wild over boost with short shifting when using the stage 2 tuninng on my car, which i believe does not happen to all the cars.

basically if you flat shift at 5000revs between 3rd and 4th on stage 2 cobb with my car i hit 1.6bar! :eek:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
There is a new stage 2 map from Cobb (with a D in the file name - only really useful for overboosters, it would detune cars that don't overboost) to reduce the overboost, but some cars hardly overboost at all and others are significant. One particular overboosting car tried it, but it was still not as good as a custom map that worked better on his car. However, what should really fix it is a change to the boost control logic, I'm waiting for stuff from Cobb to let me test. I think there are big differences between cars because the Nissan boost control actually conspires to make small gearchange boost spikes much larger, so a small difference turns into a big problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know what you mean, the nissan boost control is not ideal and once the logic is changed it will make things much easier. but i am now getting to run the same boost as in the stage 2 without the boost spike. it just takes a lot of perseverance :)

i have stared at these maps that long now they are started to speak to me ;)

i am sure we still have not got the max out of the standard set up yet, but then again i will know on thursday when i take it to the dyno and try couple of maps.

sam

There is a new stage 2 map from Cobb (with a D in the file name - only really useful for overboosters, it would detune cars that don't overboost) to reduce the overboost, but some cars hardly overboost at all and others are significant. One particular overboosting car tried it, but it was still not as good as a custom map that worked better on his car. However, what should really fix it is a change to the boost control logic, I'm waiting for stuff from Cobb to let me test. I think there are big differences between cars because the Nissan boost control actually conspires to make small gearchange boost spikes much larger, so a small difference turns into a big problem.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Don't have ability to edit the post, but it is actually the C version maps for being less frisky, we're not on D yet.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
believe it or not john, i am a dealer for cobb tuning myself ;) i was working on stage 1 map for my car on sunday, so to speak. i am only holding 1 bar of boost just now but still managed almost 123MPH terimanl with really poor start. i will have a stage 1 and stage 2 maps which are different from the stage 1 and stage 2 97ron cobb tuning maps.
i have the gtc Y pipe fitted to the car already. i will take the car to the dyno on thursday and see what power differences between my staged maps and the cobb tuning ones.
i got alot of wild over boost with short shifting when using the stage 2 tuninng on my car, which i believe does not happen to all the cars.

basically if you flat shift at 5000revs between 3rd and 4th on stage 2 cobb with my car i hit 1.6bar! :eek:
R U using 99 ron map and using Shell V or Tesco's 99?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't have ability to edit the post, but it is actually the C version maps for being less frisky, we're not on D yet.

it does not really matter j, c, d x y. luckly i have bought the software so i can do these things myself. i know i am a bit old fashioned in comparison to the new age r35 owners. i am just not used to all this mail order mapping :) maybe i should get in the with the time :D

i just prefer to get the car and do the mapping myself, sometimes all you need is to have a vac pipe off or something similar that the customer does not notice and before you know it you are blamed for a blowing an engine on a 60k car!!
having now mapped cars for 10 years now, there isnt a scenario i have not seen :(

that does not mean i would not sell the run of the mill cobb staged maps if customers want them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts