GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a Focus RS Mk2 and love it but I think the natural progression into the GTR seems like the 'right one' for me after hearing so much about it, I've loved it for the last 2 years but never thought I'd afford one.

I test drove the GTR on a track day my girlfriend kindly bought for me 2 years ago but can't really remember much of it!

My focus puts a smile on my face every time I drive it so my question is, how does the GTR make you feel day to day?

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
Smile and whiplash lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
makes me feel young again Lol

Bobby

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Great, I get inside her every day and she takes me to heaven and back

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I currently own a Focus RS Mk2 and love it but I think the natural progression into the GTR seems like the 'right one' for me after hearing so much about it, I've loved it for the last 2 years but never thought I'd afford one.

I test drove the GTR on a track day my girlfriend kindly bought for me 2 years ago but can't really remember much of it!

My focus puts a smile on my face every time I drive it so my question is, how does the GTR make you feel day to day?
It might sound strange but I think I enjoy driving my Impreza Sti 5 more. The GTR is so quick that its really hard to push it on normal roads.

On the odd occasion I do get to thrash it somewhere suitable it is insane though. I'm not saying the impreza is anywhere near as competant, just that for normal road driving its far easier to explore the limits without going light speed and being a huge danger to all around.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Yourl have face ache buddy if a focus puts a smile on your face... I will warn you it'll make you feel invisible with a sarcastic permanent smile from ear to ear, nothing to think about if your pockets are deep enough go for it you won't regret it

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
It might sound strange but I think I enjoy driving my Impreza Sti 5 more. The GTR is so quick that its really hard to push it on normal roads.

On the odd occasion I do get to thrash it somewhere suitable it is insane though. I'm not saying the impreza is anywhere near as competant, just that for normal road driving its far easier to explore the limits without going light speed and being a huge danger to all around.
What stage is your car borat?

·
Registered
600 Posts
its brill, 99/100% of the time you get good nods from people, kids point, my kids love it, my wife hates it :), i can get 2 sets of golf clubs in it (in summer) in winter i can get all my lacrosse gear in it, do a weekly shop, all in all its a great bit of kit, but most importantly ..............

it makes me smile every time i push the start button, oh and rolling boost is epic :)

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
its brill, 99/100% of the time you get good nods from people, kids point, my kids love it, my wife hates it :), i can get 2 sets of golf clubs in it (in summer) in winter i can get all my lacrosse gear in it, do a weekly shop, all in all its a great bit of kit, but most importantly ..............

it makes me smile every time i push the start button, oh and rolling boost is epic :)
rolling boost i have that now, but havent tried it yet... its on the list:D

yeah I get positive feedback with mine, ive even seen people on the motorway taking pictures of it..

·
Registered
92 Posts
I came from a modified mk2 focus RS to a stage 4 GTR. I do occasionally miss my RS just because it was a bit stupid but hands down nothing has ever blown my mind like the GTR. All round it's a better car and it always feels like a sense of occasion when I drive it. I don't think you would be disappointed however I've never driven a standard one but if standard isn't enough for you then there is a lot of power to be unlocked from the GTR. Hope this helps ;)

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Makes my B*ll*cks bigger as you need BIG balls to drive them on the limit !!!

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
What's an apex ?? (B*tch) lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts