GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How Good is Westover HPC Bournemouth?

Having just picked up my GTR from Middlehurst, who are quite simply the "oracle" on GTR, I am I getting a little uncomfortable reading the number posts related to damage as a result of poor transport especially to wheels.

Has anyone any first hand experience of Westover Bournemouth for Optimisation and servicing?, as this is only around 40 miles from me, and I can deliver and collect . On one hand I am looking for the ultimate experienced handling of my car from a technical perspective and don't want technicians using my car to with respect "train and learn". On the other hand protecting and keeping my car in top condition and don't want to sustain careless damage.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I think you mean "Westover's" ? Top man Darren their technician, I would not hesitate to recommend them, they ask if you want the car cleaned & it is returned immaculate:thumbsup:

Dave.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Bloody awesome - never had a garage give such good service.

Porsche and BMW should go and buy a car from them and see what customer service is all about.

Kp

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've spoken to Darren at Westover several times, he's always happy to chat, calls back when he says he will (how many dealers actually do that?!) and very knowledge on all things GTR, mine is booked in next month for its 6month/6k service - its a 200 mile round trip for me but with all the transportation horror stories surfacing I'd rather take a day off and have a day trip to Bournemouth :thumbsup:

·
Registered
168 Posts
6000 mile service today at Westovers

I cant recommend them enough. Bought the GTR from them, 1200 mile optimisation done by Darren, and just today I had the 6000 mile service done. Drove the car there, and took the 370Z as a courtesy car (had the Murano last time).

I should also add that the principal - Mike - is an enthusiast, and he supported Darren coming up to Anglesey Track for the weekend just gone, which had 5 of us with our GTR's there for a track and North Wales weekend. Darren stayed in the pub with us for the weekend, and impressed all the guys with his GTR knowledge, so much so, that two of them have now opted to get their service done at Westovers.

Anyway - 6000 mile service, and also had a black alloy re-furbished (they have the guys on site) - which i had badly scratched - and it now looks like new. Car was washed and cleaned inside as well. The gears were re-programmed and wheel alignment and brakes all checked.

Excellent guys - enthusiasts who believe in customer service.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Something to do with the software 'learning' - think it was because i had just done a track day which Darren was present at, so some form of diagnostic is run on the gears...not technical so cant really tell you anymore - you would have to speak to Darren, but they are changing nice and smooth now after the track session. I think the real point is that Darren cares about these cars, and looks out for them and so takes the extra steps to ensure that you are happy and the car is fully optimised. I am not surprised though as Mike (Westover boss) is very keen on the GTR's! In fact we have started to discuss some possible support at a future event...but more on that as it unfolds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.