GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously had an MY10 and am now ready for an MY11, it's not going well:

Tried negotiating with dealer 1 and trading my Lotus in, its offer was top book for the GT-R and bottom book for the Lotus. After a long negotiation and discussion of reasonableness and saleability now the weather's got warm, the magic number to change came out at 23k. When this was said the dealer kept on with "I want 26k", but every time we did the math the number was 23k. I walked away.
Dealer 2 advertised a sub 10k miler with long Nissan warranty, etc., I've sold the Lotus so this is a cash deal. Turned out the Nissan warranty had run out, but agreed that a year would be provided, we agreed a price subject a the needed HPC service only for the dealer to call back and say that there would be no Nissan warranty and that the mileage was actually over 12k, about to walk away if the price doesn't move by several k in my favour.​

If anyone's looking to sell their Daytona MY11 less than 15k with some Nissan warranty on, then drop me a line.

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Good luck on the hunt mate ,it's strange as you purchased the lotus when I picked up my GTR which I am now planning on selling lol

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kev, yes very strange although I came under extreme pressure from she who wants to be obeyed in the decision to sell.

Glws of yours, I'm sure I'll find something

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks kev, yes very strange although I came under extreme pressure from she who wants to be obeyed in the decision to sell.

Glws of yours, I'm sure I'll find something
Thanks :thumbsup: the reason I am selling is because I never use it as I never have time with work :-( so once I get more play time I will be on the look for another one ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I have to take some of it back

Dealer no2 came back yesterday and we got to the same number that I originally had in mind, collected the car today, well happy, off to Litchfield's to get the missing horses added ASAP

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks kev, used them on my previous one, but it looks like things have moved on loads in the last 2 years

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thanks kev, used them on my previous one, but it looks like things have moved on loads in the last 2 years
They don't shout and scream like most of the other tuners about what they do IMO but they don't need to ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Richard, have got something else on Monday now so can't make it over but will be there in 4 weeks to watch you

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could always give yours a shakedown too. :)
You know I don't play with my own toys and certainly not against you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts