GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the car off the road and locked up for the past 10 months. I did not renew last March when the Policy was up for renewal while I have been fixing various things on the car. Question, I had full NCB of 10 year how long can is that retained? 1 year only?

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
I'm pretty certain it is just 12 months as I had to insure a new vehicle recently and my insurer got the NCB off my old insurer then said I'd only had a month left otherwise I'd have lost it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Some insurers recognise 24 months after the expiration date of the policy that you accrued your NCB with; ring around and ask.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Lost it all?
For that car yes but I had insurance policies on four other vehicles so it wouldn't have affected them. I wanted a new policy on another car but would've started with no NCB but then realised I had some on a vehicle I'd previously owned and sold. This is what I used but was close to expiring. I assume you would lose it all if it was only built up on one policy for one car.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
All depends on the new insurer, some allow up to 3 years but it's all dependant on the insurance company. Probably worth phoning the most likely company you'll go with next and get something in writing from them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.