GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running 1 bar standard abbey setup (apexi filter, trust down pipes, exhaust), and have 319bhp at the hubs

i'm just about to go to 1.2 bar

with

550cc injectors,
Blitz nur spec
hks elbows
power fc
walbro pump

what bhp at the hub could i reasonalbe expect

just out of bored curiosity of course

moo
greddy profec b

·
Registered
715 Posts
Have you not heard of the 'SEARCH' button??????

It will give you all the answers mook, surely they told you that when you became a moderator.......

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm currently running 1 bar standard abbey setup (apexi filter, trust down pipes, exhaust), and have 319bhp at the hubs

i'm just about to go to 1.2 bar

with

550cc injectors,
Blitz nur spec
hks elbows
power fc
walbro pump

what bhp at the hub could i reasonalbe expect

just out of bored curiosity of course

moo
greddy profec b
:eek: On standard turbos :eek:

You will probably get a bill for 2 new turbo's..........

Be careful

Ian

·
Registered
440 Posts
if you ran 1.2bar boost your ceramic turbos will blow up. if you run at 1bar you will run 420bhp max. the turbos are only rated to 440bhp. youll have appropriate mods but need bigger turbos. once you fit Z32 afm's and turn the boost up to 1.6 bar on bigger turbos say hks 2510's you can get 550bhp.i did.wouldnt advice running that on stock engine though.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
engine can take 500 horsepower on stock internals.

1.2 bar, will as said, shatter.

go for a nice single or twin HKS items orso.

·
R35 Section manager
11,052 Posts
The turbos cant be standard,Abbey would not advise 1.2 bar on those.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Mook forgot to mention he has steel turbos.

and he also forgot to mention that the only reason he's wanting to know this is because my R32 has 6 more hub BHP than his:squintdan

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Mook forgot to mention he has steel turbos.

and he also forgot to mention that the only reason he's wanting to know this is because my R32 has 6 more hub BHP than his:squintdan
lol.

Mook, Kinglsey runs a similar set up, although he has 34 turbos. Check out his web page...

Kingsley's Skyline R33 GTR

With cams you should see 400ish @ the hubs.

bkvj said:
engine can take 500 horsepower on stock internals.
My block is stock other than cams and gaskets. On N1s @ 1.15 bar it runs 450+ @ the hubs all day long, gets used hard regularly on track using the 8000rpm rev limit. No problems in 2 years.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
You need to change the turbo's Mook.
My car is getting similar work done but I don't think I have new elbows going on. How much of a difference do they make ...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
My block is stock other than cams and gaskets. On N1s @ 1.15 bar it runs 450+ @ the hubs all day long, gets used hard regularly on track using the 8000rpm rev limit. No problems in 2 years.
nice:) how much is that approximately at the fly? must be close to 600?

how much approximately has the engine cost you at abbey (pm me the price if you think thats better or just leave it lol)

cheers:)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Running 1.3 bar on 550cc injectors, the duty was 100%.

Therfore I'd guess around 500 @ ATF

·
12,033 Posts
well depends how often you want to use the exta boost and create the extra heat and pressure on an engine that it isnt built for
So it's the boost that kills it, not necessarily the 500+hp? Or is it a combination of the two?

What I mean is, is 550hp @ 1.2 bar safer than 550hp @ 1.6 bar, assuming a stock block? Hypothetical, I know.

·
Registered
440 Posts
you wouldnt get 550bhp @ 1.2bar on stock engine. only 1.6bar with larger turbos and fuel injectors z32 afms etc. the extra boost causes extra stress on components,heat and pressure in the engine that it wasnt built for. if you dont abuse it and the engine is a well built low mileage one you might get away with it just risky.

·
12,033 Posts
"Engine" was the wrong word to use. Internals is what I should have said.

·
Administrator
31,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sorry, i was slightly ****ed when i posted

firstly. to MartinC, i did use the search function, and couldn't find a simple answer that didn't descend into a debate about head gasgetsand ceramics

i should have mentioned, i 've got Steel internals.

these were fitted with the hks elbows a few months back

i'll be using standard head gasget and no hard pipe kit

so 400 at the hubs with cams, so even without cams i could see a 50bhp gain

frickin awesome!

mook

1 - 20 of 28 Posts