GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gearbox probs seem no way near as bad as they did when the GT-R was first released, particularly as launch control has been updated.

So my question is this: how many launches is too many launches when looking at buying a GT-R?

And what about when the gbox has been uprated with 1st gear circlips, magnets and cogstoppers / solenoid clips?

Mart

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds like the question everybody wants to ask but no one wants to hear the answer.

I personally havent had my gearbox software upgraded.....yet.. ( MY09 - 59 plate )
Launched plenty of times with no issues (touch wood)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sounds like the question everybody wants to ask but no one wants to hear the answer.

I personally havent had my gearbox software upgraded.....yet.. ( MY09 - 59 plate )
Launched plenty of times with no issues (touch wood)
Honestly, get it done. It's the first thing I did after only 2 weeks of ownership.

Car is sooooo much better to drive, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.

Satan

·
Registered
907 Posts
When i was at the dealers a few weeks back they told me it made no difference when upgrading the gearbox software it just invalidated your warranty which is odd as thats not what i read on here.

·
Registered
540 Posts
When i was at the dealers a few weeks back they told me it made no difference when upgrading the gearbox software it just invalidated your warranty which is odd as thats not what i read on here.
How can you tell the amount of launches a GTR has had?/?

·
Registered
924 Posts
59 plate, like mine, is out of warranty anyway so no issue. Later like yours has that better software so no point.

59 plates get your software which is much improved.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Take it to Litchfield's they will plug into it and get the data you need to determine the life of the car, well worth doing as there have been some people who has had it mapped to 600-800 then remove all maps and sell it as a standard car, BE WHEAR OF THIS PRACTICE you do not want to make a mistake!!!

Bobby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts