GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from the 6k service.

Taken on a low loader, returned on a low loader, but 30 miles clocked on the odometer.

Sounds like a long trip from the transporter to the car lift?

What really annoys me is that the car left clean and polished, she's a garage queen and I had no intention of driving it in the winter with all the muck and salt on the roads...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm getting my GT-R tommorow morning and am looking to get the TRACKER Response fitted which logs the route, where the car has been for 6 months previously, might be something of interest to you as you can question with proof then exactly why your car went to certain places.

Apparantly you can login on the internet to track your cars location and routes.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm getting my GT-R tommorow morning and am looking to get the TRACKER Response fitted which logs the route, where the car has been for 6 months previously, might be something of interest to you as you can question with proof then exactly why your car went to certain places.

Apparantly you can login on the internet to track your cars location and routes.
Some log speed aswell I believe.

I was told about a certain Audi garage that took a customers RS6 on a few very high speed runs. The owner re-call the tracker data and it showed some very silly speeds being done all within seconds from being started up on cold winter days!!!

I beileve he took it up with he garage and they admitted it all!:puke:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Just got my car back from the 6k service.

Taken on a low loader, returned on a low loader, but 30 miles clocked on the odometer.

Sounds like a long trip from the transporter to the car lift?

What really annoys me is that the car left clean and polished, she's a garage queen and I had no intention of driving it in the winter with all the muck and salt on the roads...
They do a road test, as you would expect. However, 30 miles seems rather excessive. I would ask them. And charge for a gallon of juice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree - mine was in for a service last week and they did a 2 mile test drive. 30 miles is unreasonable, unless they were testing something specific. I guess you did not report any rattles or other problems did you?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing needed a road test other than tracking which they couldn't do at the 1200 optimisation.

Interestingly, the tracking was quite a bit out from ther 1200 to the 6 month service, a whole 800 miles later...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts