GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many miles everyone else has driven their GTR since the beginning of 2009 to date. I had clocked mine December 2008, but did not use it for the winter months, I started using it from late Feb 2008. Just looked at the clock today and I have done 375 KM, which is 235 Miles for the whole year 2009. The rest of the time it has been standing. HOW ABOUT YOU?

·
Registered
558 Posts
didnt get my engine running until july and just hit 523 miles,1 trackday,1 drag event.and it got trailered most places.
if i keep it it should get a few more than 500 this year

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
i probably done about 5k this year. Didnt buy my car to sit there doing sweet FA. Other than when the gritters come out at winter, my car gets regular use.

People do more than 230 odd miles in their museum piece Ferarri's! Drive it. Its a car man! ;)

·
Registered
794 Posts
bought mine in sept, driven in about 150 miles til now...not in weather like this it aint coming out

guy who had it before me drove it 800km since 2007 when he brought it in! got that info from the 1st mot to the current one

gona put on big miles on it when spring comes tho :D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
I've done about 3000km. Not much really when i think about it! Too much needs doing to it before i can start some epic euro trips etc!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Epic fail my old black R33 gtr was...

5 hours into owning it, the front passengers side wheel fell off because none of the wheels were tightened properly buy the seller,

then 3 days into owning it, the crankpulley snapped,

then a week later, the oil pump shat itself,

I got a total of 500kms from the car, YES a tank of juice!! :nervous: And I tend to drive cars like a granny! It was a shitheap :chairshot

I got completely dishearted and sold the car then :bawling::bawling:

But collecting my new R33 GTR tomorrow, absolutely minter and I intend to put a decent bit of milage on it as I drive from dublin to cork everyweek:thumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
i probably done about 5k this year. Didnt buy my car to sit there doing sweet FA. Other than when the gritters come out at winter, my car gets regular use.

People do more than 230 odd miles in their museum piece Ferarri's! Drive it. Its a car man! ;)
I'm with Dean on this one,- it's my daily driver and I've done 13k miles this year and will probably do the same next year!
It's done 98k miles now so I don't know whether to sell and get a lower mileage car to keep me in Skylineland for a few more years, or just keep it.
Mapped by the top man himself who told me it was 'a good clean car well looked after' and runs sweet as a nut!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
0 miles for me, around 18mths ago the engine had a problem and the quote from my usual garage of £6000 just to return to std spec gobsmacked me, but I just couldn't drive it sounding so sick, and started asking about eventually found someone and started buying the bits required , fingers crossed will be back on the road in january

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just under 1000miles in my GTR this year. Always locked away for 6months of year anyways. Done 11000miles in my other car though.....

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Epic fail my old black R33 gtr was...

5 hours into owning it, the front passengers side wheel fell off because none of the wheels were tightened properly buy the seller,

then 3 days into owning it, the crankpulley snapped,

then a week later, the oil pump shat itself,

I got a total of 500kms from the car, YES a tank of juice!! :nervous: And I tend to drive cars like a granny! It was a shitheap :chairshot

I got completely dishearted and sold the car then :bawling::bawling:

But collecting my new R33 GTR tomorrow, absolutely minter and I intend to put a decent bit of milage on it as I drive from dublin to cork everyweek:thumbsup:
wow what an awful experience. a similar thing was going to happen to me too, when I first got the car, an 800hp car, the wheelnuts were loose, and guess what, I gave it a few blasts full power on a couple of occassions, when I slowed down and I was cruising at normal speed I realized the front passenger wheel started wobbling. I stopped immediately and checked but couldn't see anything wrong with it, but I thought I should ring the RAC just to make sure it is not dangerous for me to drive. The RAC turned up ? All the wheel nuts were dangerously loose, so loose that you could actually turn them with your fingers, I had a mate of mine with me and we were just shocked and thought what a lucky escape for us cos, at one point I reached speeds of more than 120 miles in that condition. It was a really scarey experience but luckily nothing went wrong. Later I discovered that a car of this caliber prepared for time attack, roll cage, dogbox, slick tyres, so much mods done to the engine, producing 830 bhp on the dyno does not come with standard brakes and guess what on the day I went to collect the car the uprated brake kit was replaced with bog standard brakes, (but kinda new and very good condition) to make more money, had paid for the car in advance so car was sold to me already. Anyway forget about the brakes, but the people who did it put my life at great risk by leaving all the wheel nuts dangerously loose which could have ended my life.:(

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'm with Dean on this one,- it's my daily driver and I've done 13k miles this year and will probably do the same next year!
It's done 98k miles now so I don't know whether to sell and get a lower mileage car to keep me in Skylineland for a few more years, or just keep it.
Mapped by the top man himself who told me it was 'a good clean car well looked after' and runs sweet as a nut!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's nice to see cars with this mileage on still going strong, anyone coming on here would think that they fall apart or blow up after 60,000 miles, glad to see its still running well.:thumbsup: Oh i've put 3000 on mine this year.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i just read 500 kms on a tank of juice,wish mine would do that.think that is why i dont do many miles in it.
in my case its the spec that keeps it from being used all the time,i love going out in it but huge turbo silly cams and now a quad plate clutch as the triple cant take it and just make pottering around in traffic a horrible drive.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just read 500 kms on a tank of juice,wish mine would do that.think that is why i dont do many miles in it.
in my case its the spec that keeps it from being used all the time,i love going out in it but huge turbo silly cams and now a quad plate clutch as the triple cant take it and just make pottering around in traffic a horrible drive.
Tell me about it mate, the heavy clutch is so not fun to be pushing every 5 seconds while in traffic, sometimes I think my knee might give up and the clutch would pop and bump into the car in front.

·
Registered
440 Posts
6221 Miles
Got my car back from a fresh build in May and have driven it everywhere since, to nearly every drag event this summer except TOTB as i didn't fancy recovery back to Bournemouth IF anything went wrong :D and she's still sweet as ever.
Just goes to show a High power GTR capable of putting down 9's on the stip CAN be driven on a daily basis:thumbsup: LOVE IT

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bought in April, and done approx 4.5k miles so far. And I still have a huge smile on my face every time I go for a drive with her.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts