Votes: 7 6.6%
  • 100,000+

Votes: 6 5.7%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My R33 has now racked up 93000 miles and is still almost all original. I just wondered whether this was exceptional or maybe I just got a gooden?

I was interested to see how many miles people's cars had done.

John

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Mine just turned 30k today...

...Worryingly it is racking up 3k miles per month :eek: at the moment, hence a requirement for a second car I like driving :rolleyes:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ours isnt many thousand over 30,000 luckily, and since we both got our little run arounds we dont tend to use it except weekends

And for an L reg im chuffed with the mileage :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have my R34 GTR V-spec II Nur for 4 weeks now, and I have put 3800 miles on it, I got to stop driving it, get out of the car and get a life :D

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
bnr34vspec2 said:
I have my R34 GTR V-spec II Nur for 4 weeks now, and I have put 3800 miles on it, I got to stop driving it, get out of the car and get a life :D

Jeff
Nahhhhhhhh!

Life is short - DRIVE THAT tuned GT-R ;) ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
The only reason for keeping the mileage down on a car is to enable a good resale value & avoid hefty repair bills.

What do you think money exists for?!

I can guarantee you that life is too short for all that sh1t.

Drive the car that makes you happy.

I am.....:D

S

·
0 Posts
My sentimentals exactly !

If I dont embezzle my finances and redistribute them towards my GT-R, the nasty taxman will get them. And they will end up being spent on some ridiculous atomic weapon.

You owe it to the peace-loving world to divert funds away from the Police State and into the petrol tank of your Skylines.

So next time you buy a 5K turbo upgrade think of all the oppressed masses you will be saving.

You know it makes sense ;)

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
hefty repair bills = car off road = no miles:(
Low is better than none.
I have heard stories of some owners having rebuilds done on their cars and then no being able to pay for the bill and selling their car to the garage:eek:
Like I said better safe than sorry (unless you are loaded:D )

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think the solution for me would be 2 GTRs...

But 2*£1350 insurance premiums and struggling to get 15mpg etc etc would make the taxman a little angry ;)

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Jacqui's R33 GTSt Has just over 20k miles - not bad for a '95 vintage!

Simon

·
Registered
916 Posts
My 1990 R32 has just gone past 56,000 Kms (Around 33,000 miles). It's my second car and therefore wont be piling up too many miles.
I have to say I agree with Dave on this one, if you arent doing that many miles in your GTR, then you must only be driving it for pleasure, rather than the daily commute, or down the shops etc.

I bought my Skyline to enjoy, both driving it and "playing" with it, so I'll only ever drive it for fundays and sundays, when it's dry!:smokin:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Not that it matters, but...

Does nobody else find it highly suspicious how low the mileage is on all these older cars imported from Japan?

Let's face it; nobody knows the history of the cars while they were used in Japan, and clocking a car is not exactly difficult. It just seems highly suspect to me that nearly all the cars sold at auction for import into the UK are extremely low mileage.

A 1990 Skyline with 33K miles - that's just over 2500 miles a year. It's not very likely is it?

Unlike the UK, I doubt in Japan that there are that many used as 'second cars' either as they are pretty cheap and easily available over there in comparison.

Then again I could be spouting complete rubbish and it could just be that the Japs don't drive very far. I was wrong once before I think. ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
One reason for low mileage Jap Cars is that often you need apermit ot park/own a car bigger than a certain size within some cities so bigger motors are sometimes kept at home until week ends. 50-100 miles a weekend gives 2500-5000 a year.

Possible I suppose

Iain

67,000 miles and rising at 400/week

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
I would tend to agree, but thankfully the general condition of Jacqui's car matches the low milage - ie pedal rubbers that are barely worn etc.

Perhaps Shin might be able to throw some light on this, my thoughts were that with a 'performance' car the owner is likely to have a little more money and have two cars - one for city driving one for fun, hence low milage performance motors.

however I haven't ever looked at run of the mill cars at the auctions so can't compare.

Simon

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have been informed that with the situation in Japan being set against motoring in general, people just dont drive much. Apparently, you have to prove you have space to keep a car before you are allowed to buy one, the roads are totally congested,all the time, speed limits are pathetic, fuel costs a fortune as does parking.

I just think of it this way:- if I lived in the centre of London, I would probably keep my car in a lock-up on the outskirts of the city. I would then only use the car for days out or Holidays. Could this be the situation in Japan??

my car was imprted in 1997, and had 29,000kms on it then. It has a totally up to date Middlehurst History since then, and has covered 27,000kms in that time. So.......29,000kms in 7yrs in japan...........27,000kms in 5yrs in the UK. No big difference really!!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I Paid good money for my car and I am gonna damn well drive it every day!!!!! Its got 104000k on it and aI thought Sh!!T Thats a lot, but when you do the conversion, its only 64822 miles which is sod all!!!!

If it goes wrong Ill fix it!!

DRIVE THEM dont keep em locked in a shed, thats for your lawnmower!!!

Si;) :D

PS I got proof of the milage with mine in the way of all the Japanese Test certificates....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Drax, you have proof of your mileage, but your mileage is what I would expect for a low-mileage car of that year. If you see what I mean.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dont forget thought that mine is a gts4 not a GTR so you would drive it more wouldnt you? I think its a big chance you take on imports, but IMHO if the car drive sweet does it really matter?

Si

1 - 20 of 50 Posts