GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Ive owned the car a couple of months now and love it, particularly because the back slides out especially in the wet.

I wondered if many of you have had it sideways to any sort of degree and whether that was deliberate or unintentional.

Its not about pottering around in it like its a Bentley or Aston or something

·
Registered
600 Posts
i have, was not done on purpose, shat my self but the car pulled it stright before i had chance to do any thing, going to have to try it again to see what happens :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Once in the wet the back end stepped out by what felt like about 30 degrees while moderately accelerating down a motorway slip road. Luckily, no cars were near and the slip road had two lanes and a hard shoulder allowing plenty of space to recover.

In the dry I kind of drifted it round Steilstrecke just before the carousel on the nurgburgring a couple of times. It definitely wasn't the fastest way to take the bend but felt pretty controllable in RRR mode and put a smile on my face!

I was surprised how tail happy the GTR is after reading all the stories about it being boring, driving itself and having a tendency to understeer.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
I was surprised how tail happy the GTR is after reading all the stories about it being boring, driving itself and having a tendency to understeer.
That's why CAT DT didn't encourage trail braking on my training then... :chuckle:

·
R35 Section manager
10,926 Posts
I thought the 35 would act better on round abouts than the 32,33 & 34?
Would a grid dancer work in a 35-surely not?

·
R35 Section manager
10,926 Posts
Has anyone gone from a 33 to a 35 Gtr?
I'm interested to see how they compare on wet roundabouts etc?

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Plenty on track in the wet - IMO the best place to see what happens with no cars behind you.

As a result of playing on track in the wet last year I don't push it hard in the wet on normal roads, as the car will go quite sideways and could easily collect another car or kerb.

Anders

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Have had many sideways moments on track (controlled I would add) and probably had the most fun when I was a passenger in with PaulK at Silverstone on 26 Feb this year.

Paul was out to destroy what was left of his Bridgestone's and managed some spectacular slides both on and off the tarmac!

Superb car control, great fun and a black flag- whoops.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Have had many sideways moments on track (controlled I would add) and probably had the most fun when I was a passenger in with PaulK at Silverstone on 26 Feb this year.

Paul was out to destroy what was left of his Bridgestone's and managed some spectacular slides both on and off the tarmac!

Superb car control, great fun and a black flag- whoops.
+1 on paul_k; some pilot

This has reminded me I owe Sambogrove a GTROC Spin Club sticker for his feat with the Academy Car at Silverstone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts