GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you guys have an Android based phone and stream the music via bluetooth?

Contract is up on my phone and I'm considering changing to an Android phone, the only thing stopping me is the lack of connectivity thats available compaired to the iphone.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've got a Nexus 4, when I first got the car last year Bluetooth didn't even work with the car!
It works now though but streaming I find a pain the bum so just have a 32gb USB drive in the centre console arm rest cubby hole.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've just got all mine on a USB stick. Easy peasy.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you stick Itunes music on the stick and play it from there or does it have to be through an apple device

·
Registered
162 Posts
Streaming via something like Spotify has to be the way forward as you can mix and match your music whenever you want. Have been using an iPhone 5 and it works perfectly but am just about to get a Nexus 5 so am a little concerned that the phone call quality and streaming will be worse but lets see.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Streaming via something like Spotify has to be the way forward as you can mix and match your music whenever you want. Have been using an iPhone 5 and it works perfectly but am just about to get a Nexus 5 so am a little concerned that the phone call quality and streaming will be worse but lets see.
hmmmm, maybe but with very patchy 3G its no much use

Fired a few itunes folder onto a USB and tried it in the car, was a bit slow to work through the menu but worked well

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
can you stick Itunes music on the stick and play it from there or does it have to be through an apple device
No problem at all. Just need to open the iTunes folder where all the mp3s etc are stored and copy it over (drag and drop).

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Nexus 5 (Nexus 4 before that) and have zero issues streaming music or call quality. I use Spotify, Google Music and Pocket Casts (for podcasts) without any problems.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I use a galaxy s3

No problem for connecting to the car. I sream music and take calls without taking the phone out of my pocket.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,376 Posts
I use a galaxy s3

No problem for connecting to the car. I sream music and take calls without taking the phone out of my pocket.
I'm the same, but I've a Galaxy S4. Again, as you say, you have to link it twice, but once it's done that's it.

But I've been copying (slowly) my CDs to the Music Box as the interface is better.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
So long as the phone supports A2DP, any phone will work. Spotify will work offline with your iTunes playlists.
I use TuneIn radio on my phone and it's great.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm the same, but I've a Galaxy S4. Again, as you say, you have to link it twice, but once it's done that's it.

But I've been copying (slowly) my CDs to the Music Box as the interface is better.
The music box is brilliant....... to be fair I use that over my phone for music..... on a run.... just out for a drive I drop the windows slightly and listen to the car instead, far better sound

·
Registered
777 Posts

Also the quality from the music box (or a plugged in iPod) is much, much better than music via Bluetooth. If you're into your music and the way it sounds, you definitely shouldn't be listening via BT.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Im struggling to get my iPhone 5 to play any music. Have plugged in to the USB port but getting nothing. I saw a post earlier saying that the phone has to be paired twice??????

Help:(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts