GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:wavey::wavey:

I am interested from an invesment point of view. How many of these "BEASTS" are left in the UK?????????? as I have not seen ONE at the Classic Cars shows that I attend.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
There were officially 100 UK R33's and 81 UK R34's; plenty have been written off or have found a new home in Europe.

With the age of the cars now there will be less and less around.

There's a thread by Perra regarding how many UK R34's are around but never seen a similar thread regarding the UK R33's. My guess is there is a lot less than you think still on the road in the UK...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How many Skylines left in the UK

Thanks for the reply. I have a lot of friends in the Motor Trade engine tuning etc and own a Lotus Elan se Turbo in red pre-cat 1990. He owns his Lotus Garage and repairs most of the "top of the range" Espirts etc turbos and V8s

He is most impressed with my R33GTS and said I would not mind bying some of these as a future investment.

One of his customers owns "Big Storage" and suggested that he buys the Skylines and stores them away at his UNITS. He services all his "Toys" you name it he has got.one (Aston Martins. Lotus the list goes on) even HE was impressed with the R33.

Hind sight if only you could have bought these cars when NEW and stored them away as he has been offer the last no 800 of the Lotus Elan S2 M100 with a 100 miles on the clock. The price was in those days over £21,000 It would be better money than investing in H Boss and all the other "Rip Off Banks"

As I attend a lot of cars shows its thought that there is supposed to be 200 Brookland Green Ford Capri 280 still left in storage but no one knows where they are. I wonder what is feel like owing a fleet of SUPECARS like Chris Evans. I bet he does not nip down to local offlicence in his. As I do a lot of work for Charity I shop for an 88 year guy and pulled into a Large shopping Mall near Wilmslow Cheshire where all the United players live and was complimented by a merc owner on my R33. When I asked him "what the price of his "top of range spec Merc was. I said you should have bought one of these you could have saved a lot of money.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Hmm, well thats nice... lol

You might find a cold shoulder regarding this subject as not many enthusiasts/owners like the fact of somebody buying a perfectly nice and rare car purely for investment/profit, but would much rather see it being used for how it was intended.

Sorry if I sound like a dick i'm just telling you how I think it is.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
douglas where abouts are you located?

i have alot of mates around hale barns

as soon as you get off the motorway near the marriot hotel and take the first left my mate and his family own all the houses on the road filthy rich gits

and then i have a few friends on hale road aswell

also if you are from hale you might have seen the fleet of cars with NK**NAK (** represent numbers)

my mates dad used to have the black techart 911 with NK57NAK

at the moment theyve got the bentley, escalade 2 s320s, a rx300, 300c and a cl amg (not sure which one) but its on NK58NAK or was it 09

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Where do I live

Thanks for the reply. Daft as it may seem I live in Tanzania East Africa in a place called Lushoto.My wife owns more land up in the Usambara Mountains and is 2,500ft up in altitude and the land is BIGGER than the WHOLE OF ENGLAND.left to her by her late father a German East African Plantion owner. It is now Winter in Africa so I come over for "Our summer" as it is so cold that you need to light a fire to keep warm.

We have an 11 year Grandson who is a "child model" he is so good looking that he is going to break a lot of ladies hearts as he gets older. My passion is "Showing cars" as I have so many friends in the Motor Trade that if you ever need any repairs doing or alloys respraying if they are damaged send me an e-mail to [email protected].

I also hold level 2 in "vehicle and paint" at the Manchester College of arts and Tecnology. and are friends with "pip" The Head of the Department. He is a part time "Elvis" Impersonator. Dont go to "Chips away "I can get you a "proper job done for cheap money. I also have a friend who builds racing engines in Stockport where I live when I come over to the UK. He has a "Rolling Road" but is not big enough to Dyno the "Beast" His SON Ben fits
NOS KITS and as my Grandson is mad about the film " Fast and Furious" I am having fit a NOS kit for silly money to my new "TOY". At my age 65 I dont drive this "Beast" my 40 year Daughter drives me around as I have a "Heavy right foot". I live as the film star Vin Diesel says "I live my life one day at time" Life is for LIVING it is not a rehersal for something else. My daughter owns a "Contract Cleaning" company and loves to "Detail Cars". She can clean glass that makes it look invisable. I won a lot of prizes (no money) for the best Lotus in show at "Tatton Park". My other friend holds the track record at Oulton Park at 200mph down the back straight but he lost it and went into the "Gravel" and the engine stoped " dead" The "Turbo" was so hot that he fried the top and melted all the rubber

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
This has got to be a piss take? This is just a thread about Douglas blowing his own trumpet!?

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
He should be looking for an untouched Z-Tune or 400R rather than a 10 year old rust bucket in that case, surely ;) Speak to Shin Douglas, Zele will find you the car you desire :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
TO LI4MO

Hi:wavey:

Facts about Tanzania East Africa.

Formed by masive earth upheavals of ages past when the Rift Valley split East Africa from Mozambique to Ethiopia, the area was home to an ape-like creature that stood on two legs. This ancient traveller left his footprints in Laetoli northern Tanzania to be discovered in 1979 by Mary Leakey of the famous husband and wife arhaeological team. The fossils proved to be the oldest "homind" tracks so far unearthed,during excavations twenty years earlier more evidence was discovered to support the view that Tanzania is the cradle of mankind. At nearby Olduvai Gorge fossil remains of "**** habilis, or Handy Man were dated by Dr Louis Leakey as 1.75 million years old.

HE believed that "habilis" had the physical attributes and INTELLIGENCE to make tools and as such was a possible direct ancester of modern man.

PS Unfortunately as YOU SAY I can not blow a TRUMPET. and Usambara Mountians is 6,213 sq kms and raises from 1000 to 2,286m over 250 forest tree species have been recorded. Several species of bird are unique to the mountains and are listed as threatened . Other rarities are the southern banded snake eagle Fitchers turaco and green tinkerbird.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I thought it was 98 officially imported ?

I know of 1 UK33 GTR being broken at the mo, so thats one less.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I thought it was 98 officially imported ?

I know of 1 UK33 GTR being broken at the mo, so thats one less.
I was told by Middlehurst when I bought mine that there were 100 UK R33's, chassis numbers went from 0 to 99. I was also told that there were just 80 UK R34's but an additional 1 came over from storage and became number 81 registered on a 51 plate I believe.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I've seen the ' ban hammer' come down before..

how long before the 'scam-hammer' makes an appearance...

these threads are amusing.. but how many grandparents buy an 11yr old a skyline.. what a lucky kid...

to quote Del Boy...

wait ..is it horse..... no....cow....no..I know what it is...It's bullsh........

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
from the lotus elan forum

" MY NEW TOY
by johnbenk on Thu 24.09.2009, 01:11

HI fOLKS

Still MISS you all but here is a "Pickie" of my Latest Toy It is a Nissan Skyline R33GTS TWIN TURBO FITTED WITH NOS. It has 2,5 6 Cylinder 24 Valve engine and scares the Sh*** Out of me You CAN ONLY DRIVE IT IN A STRAIGHT LINE AND IT IS DANGERIOUS IN THE WET. At age 65 you can not get Insurance under 50 on these cars. Even with a "WRECKED LOTUS" iT ONLY COSTS £330 PER YEAR TO INSURE FULLY COMP. Life is a bitch. What I would have given for a car like this. IF ONLY i WAS A YOUNG STUD AGAIN.

It has a thing called a "GIZZMO IBC BOOST CONTOLLER. but can be "Boosted" Top speed ( I have been told is over 170 mph 0to 60 4,3 secs not tested. It was Dynod by Rising Sun Performance I think it can go to more than500BHP .I still go to the "Lotus Shows" But have now been banned from Classic Car shows as they will let you show a modern sports car. Mazda MX5 Roadster now 190BHP after Head Skimmed
4 into one stainless headers Brian Goodwin midpipe sport cat ILM rear box, Electric exhaust cut out. There is a video on YOU tube type in search fsmail01 for a run through Manchester Airport Tunnel and the car being dynoded. Picture of "wrecked lotus Elan M100"

Love you all

God Bless JD

I think it might be the case that he is a tad lonely and insecure...therefore he exagerates.... a lot...

JOHN BENK A.K.A. Douglas

1 - 20 of 23 Posts