GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe there was a UK Spec R33 GT-R that went on sale in 1997 or thereabout?
What's not clear to me is trim, main differences over it's JDM counterpart and how many of them were made/sold.

Could anyone help me with this bit of info or were i can find it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
There were 100 of them.
They had oil coolers fitted and speedo was reset and limited to 155mph.
Im not sure but i think some had leather seats.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,035 Posts
All 100 were Vspec version 3
Different front end to JDM cars
Engine, gearbox and diff coolers
Ugly rear fog light and reflectors
Around 20 were sold with leather

You should be able to find out more with the search button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lightning quick responses! Thanks.

So in total: 180 UK Spec cars including R33 and R34? Great!

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,035 Posts
UK cars did not have Xenon lights. Something to do with SVA or MOT??? Can't remember, but it has been posted on this site before. As I said, only about 20 or so 33s were sold with leather, again info from this site. I've had two and neither were leather.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
No Vspec 11, just small upgrades, things like stengthening the floor panels by the pedals, N1 vents, different steering wheel. Theres probably more.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I think red insert interior, Dual airbags, other strengthning at the rear of the bodyshell, fog lamp incorporated in O/S/R lamp, xenons (although taken off UK cars and replaced with normal ones), deeper lower front spoiler.

Maybe more....can't remember now!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
All the UK spec R33's were built with Xenons and then delivered to NMGB. The halogen lamps were then fitted and the xenon lamps all got packed up and put into storage. (The R33 couldn't be SVA's with xenon as they have no automatic levelling device or headlamp washers, as required by regs).
A colleague of mine told me about the day when NMGB moved storage facility and all the xenon lamps went in the skip!

Anyway...
So, they came with halogen lamps, but some lucky owners managed to blag the xenons back onto the car as a condition of sale.

Mine has no xenons, but i've got leather and it really does bring the interior up to date! Never been a fan of leather until i saw this one.

So, the leather was a £2k upgrade and the Nismo LM GT1's were supplied by middlehurst at an additional £2.5K...so mine cost a whopping £54,500.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
So, the leather was a £2k upgrade and the Nismo LM GT1's were supplied by middlehurst at an additional £2.5K...so mine cost a whopping £54,500.
Bloody hell!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Are you sure they were version 3 33GTR's that were sold in the UK.

And I thought the Xenon headlamp story came from the 34 UK conversion's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts