GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, need your opinions.

I have a GTR 32, currently running single hybrid holset turbo, tomei type b cams, mines AFM,s and power fc.

It's in need of a remap and I can't decide weather it's worth me upgrading to a link G4.

With the link I could sell the AFMs power fc and Greddy boost controller and get at least half the money back.

Will I notice any difference with upgrading to the link ecu??

Also who would you guys recommend to do the remap, ideally in the south.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
If you are on a budget and like your car as it is, just want a little tune up, I'd leave it with the PFC and separate boost controller.

If you are flush and want a new toy then the G4+ will drive different and might make a tiny bit more power and offer a loads more features the PFC doesn't have - but they are only worth it if you pay to have them setup properly and actually need them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well, I get the Sega/Sony analogy... but as I recall, the Mega Drive was more fun and you didn't have to wait so long for the action to happen. I think the analogy has broken a bit there! This same ECU swap has been on my mind for a while too, my PFC has been well tuned by MGT but I still crave better drivability, more low RPM power and better fuel economy. I'm sure some of that is due to natural engine and component wear but I would be very interested to see how much difference the ECU makes. If nothing else the Link takes out sources of vulnerability and unreliability which can only be good.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cars runs better than it ever has, the link has transformed it bigtime. A very happy customer of said tuner:) going back when new coils are fitted as they kept breaking down over 1.2bar so should see 550-570hp.
Will pm all who's interested after work today:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yea, just say, it's no big secret.

I am also running a PFC and HKS boost controller. I'm interested to know exactly what the benefits of the change to G4 is? Can there really be enough to warrant £1500 spending on it???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts