GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not talking brand new.. or though a price would be nice,
but for a second hand one one of the earlier 34's ?! what year did they start and what sort of price will i vbe looking at .. if i save for a few years etc..

cheers

Matt

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Based on previous sales etc it would seem you should expect to pay a minimum of £37k for a decent R34 - import or otherwise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ooh my guess to me bro in laws dad was pretty spot on then i said around 40k :)
thanks for the info
guess i got a good 10 years to save then!

Matt

·
Registered
865 Posts
Theres one for sale up the road from us in bayside blue, little cheap i think from what i've seen, think its going for 33k

Heres there website. www.japeneseimports.co.uk

Also not sure of the alloys on it but when i've driven past and seen them they look like a split rim with a tri spoke centre, not my taste tho.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Guys,

I was originally going to buy this car and this is the very one I test drove before I bought BAYSIDE34's mint example. I think its geniune car (i.e. its not been nicked in japan) and the guys who run Japanese Import Centre (Malcome was the guy I talked with) seem honest enough for dealers.

This one certainly is not a 'minter' example of a japanese imported R34 (My black GT-T was in WAY better condition (especialy the bodywork) and that was a T reg where there GT-R is registered on a W plate).

The car had no apparent service history and has not been garaged (the paintwork is therefore shabby in comparison to a car being garaged). The front bumper splitter is damaged (from unloading off the boat apparently). The rear quarter panel wing has a large dent, the front wing has the paint chipped clean off (again from unloading off the boat - although they did offer to fix this).

Unfortunately the wheels are awful 3 spokes aftermarket alloys (how old?) with tyres way too wide to fit properly resulting in the wheels 'rubbing' when cornering hard or on full lock. The interior is cloth but it looks a little tired and shabby considering its 20k mileage. You'd also have to replace the stereo too as a radio band extended radio is always shite IMHO.

VERDICT:
------------
Overall if your desperate you could buy it but if you add 4-5k more you'll be able to buy an absolutely mint uk spec one with full leather and probably still with warrenty and other extra's like a uk stereo/cd change (its a kenwood mask as standard), oil coolers and a full uk service history.

The main plus point I can think of is that they are willing to px being a dealer an all...

Trev.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts