GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might put a new battery on the gtr
went flat last week,charged it but dosent look too good for it.
what should I pay for a new one

·
Registered
924 Posts
might put a new battery on the gtr
went flat last week,charged it but dosent look too good for it.
what should I pay for a new one
I can get you a Varta 4yr warranty for about £45.

Great battery at a great price. Where are you based?

Satan

·
Registered
173 Posts
That's a REALLY good price, especially when you see what some people pay for "Yellow top" batteries.

Good find, what make?

Satan
Aren't the yellow top batteries meant to be top quality though?....as in, if your battery runs low or even goes flat they can be fully charged time and time again without damage etc. Not that you'd let that happen on purpose clearly. And aren't they meant to hold their charge longer? There must be some benefits to them as lots of forum users seem to buy and really rate them..

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Their cold cranking amp rating is MUCH higher, and if they do go flat they recover with a decent charge. Lead acids pretty much die once flat.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Aren't the yellow top batteries meant to be top quality though?....as in, if your battery runs low or even goes flat they can be fully charged time and time again without damage etc. Not that you'd let that happen on purpose clearly. And aren't they meant to hold their charge longer? There must be some benefits to them as lots of forum users seem to buy and really rate them..
They're used frequently as back-up batteries in off-road circles. People power all their ancillaries from them as they hold charge for ages.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I use to use OPTIMA red / yellow tops for years until I discovered sealed leisure batteries for caravans / boats! Dam sight cheaper with more storage and cranking amps along with good recovery prospects too. I use to find with OPTIMA if you ran them down flat about six to ten times you couldn't recover them, especially after being more than a year and a half old!

Red top OPTIMA has a higher cranking amp so is generally used as a replacement car battery, the yellow is more of a secondary battery but can still be used as a main car battery.

Have a look on Car Battery - Car Batteries - Motorcycle Batteries - Leisure Batteries - Cheap Prices!

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
+1 . Left my yellowtop now for 5 weeks no charge. Just one push and starts.

Price is high though but, compared to my local nissan garage cheaper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts