GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at r34's earlier on this year but the price of the car along with the insurance and running costs put me off. I ended up buying an evo 8 as a quick fix which also left me the oppurtunity to keep my cossy. After a couple of months i like the evo but every time i put my foot down i cant help but think i should have just gone for it and bought a gtr.

So,......
ive totally lost touch with gtr prices,is the sva is possible and for what price. The last time i looked it was available for around £4-5k which in my opinion is not an option. What sort of money am i looking at for an r34 gtr, nothing special, just an average one. It has to be a gtr not a gtt.

Thanks.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Standard - £27000 - £30000
Stage 1 - £30000 - £35000
Perfect example stage 1 / stage 2's - £35000 - £40000
Beautifull examples and vspec 2, nur, mspec's etc blah blah £40000+
Probably one of the best(def in the top 3 in this country) - £68000 (Nito is selling his for that if memory serves me right)

all above in my own opinion (i have been looking for one in the last 2 months.)

·
6,817 Posts
Prices are allready droping in Japan , local dealers, who actually sell a better service and cleaner cars then the auctions, are droping prices to get ride of their stocks . . . .

3.000.000 Yen is a normal price now for clean, cared ,+- 80000KM R34GTRs.

I hope until next year June the prices will fall under the 2.5 milion Yen mark

But there is also a common sense in Japan that maybe the R34GTR will explode the price a few months after the launch of the new GTR. (wich will unpayble for the most in Japan)

·
Registered
225 Posts
So when I could be looking for a new car, in about a year or so, a perfect condition GTR could be around £30k? I so want one from Zele though!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gtrlux said:
2.5 milion Yen mark

But there is also a common sense in Japan that maybe the R34GTR will explode the price a few months after the launch of the new GTR. (wich will unpayble for the most in Japan)
I take it by explode you mean drop in price? When is the new gtr supposed to be launched though? Ive only seen prototype pictures so i presumed it was still a long way off.

Ive seen a few gtr's for around the 3 million yen figure myself which has brought up my interest in gtr's again but what about the sva test? How much does this now cost? I dont mean the price of the test i mean how much do people now charge to pass one for you? Did the model report ever come off?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
gtrlux said:
Prices are allready droping in Japan , local dealers, who actually sell a better service and cleaner cars then the auctions, are droping prices to get ride of their stocks . . . .

3.000.000 Yen is a normal price now for clean, cared ,+- 80000KM R34GTRs.
Hey, most of your other posts on Japan are pretty close to the truth, but that is just wrong.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Sorry to jump on your thread Adam but I reckon we looking for the same answers? Just been looking at the Zele website and, for example, they got a Bayside blue V-SpecII [No. Y34229] with only 11,000km on the clock, up for 5,589,000Y. Thats about £25k yeah? So how much more would it be to get get that GTR on my driveway over here in the UK?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUG4LIFE said:
Sorry to jump on your thread Adam but I reckon we looking for the same answers? Just been looking at the Zele website and, for example, they got a Bayside blue V-SpecII [No. Y34229] with only 11,000km on the clock, up for 5,589,000Y. Thats about £25k yeah? So how much more would it be to get get that GTR on my driveway over here in the UK?
To do it VERY roughly, take the jap price of the car, add 30% to that value and then add the sva price (i dont know what that is anymore) so that car will be somewhere around 35 grand on the road......

·
6,817 Posts
Bean said:
Hey, most of your other posts on Japan are pretty close to the truth, but that is just wrong.
ごめ, but have my infos from Car produce Act Aichi, they sold them for 3.6 and 3.3 milion yens . . . some smal used car dealers near to Nagoya for 3.0 milion Yen . . . . Don't know about the condition . .;)

Some garages there think the price will drop for sure next year . . . but they fear that until mid 2008 the prices could rise again . . . meaning to do buisness like with R32 and R33 now , would be difficult . . . . that's all speculations and just a tought.:confused:

Zele has high class GTRs, all very good condition and perfect serviced . . you can't go wrong with them . . . if you have the money for that.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Bean said:
Hi David,

As a matter of interest what sort of money are they going for over there, and are they still holding value well?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The bottom end of the dealer market is about 3.5 million. There are cars which are cheaper but they will have some problem like crash history or lost documentation or something.
There is a lot of choice around the 4 million yen mark. 5 million starts to bring in the really clean cars and 6 million is the best cars. Nur's are 5.5 to 6.5ish.
Some real quality cars are around 7 million still.
Market in BNR34s is still very steady, but the bottom end of the market is slowly dropping simply due to age, use, accidents etc. Top end is the same as it has been since the middle of 2002

Enjoy your holiday!!!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
1999 non-V-Spec cars are averaging (all grades, including damaged/repaired) about £17.5k at auction.

Grade 5 2002 Nurs are averaging around £33k, Grade 6 £38k.

Phil

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ok, say I want that Zele GTR I mentioned above [if this is going off into another subject, I will start another thread if need be], what would I do now? I have read on here of a guy in the UK who dealt with Zele - is it Prospec [correct me if I'm wrong] - but they have stopped trading now?

Do I find another importer like Newera to sort the details? I would love to come to Japan and checkout the cars for myself but that's gonna add a couple of grand to the total innit?

My dream car would be a bayside blue/midnight purple R34 GTR but only if I could get a real mint example for £35k maximum [inc import costs]. Or I'm thinking a UK Honda NSX, for about £30k, if not?

This is just research by the way - as I can't be buying another car for a good year or so, I just bought my first house! But I so want to keep my Skyline dream alive with answers now!!!

·
6,817 Posts
BUG4LIFE said:
Ok, say I want that Zele GTR I mentioned above [if this is going off into another subject, I will start another thread if need be], what would I do now? I have read on here of a guy in the UK who dealt with Zele - is it Prospec [correct me if I'm wrong] - but they have stopped trading now?

Do I find another importer like Newera to sort the details? I would love to come to Japan and checkout the cars for myself but that's gonna add a couple of grand to the total innit?

My dream car would be a bayside blue/midnight purple R34 GTR but only if I could get a real mint example for £35k maximum [inc import costs]. Or I'm thinking a UK Honda NSX, for about £30k, if not?

This is just research by the way - as I can't be buying another car for a good year or so, I just bought my first house! But I so want to keep my Skyline dream alive with answers now!!!

Ok , every thing changes from the moment on you go to japan by your self, Newera would probably do anything they can to find a decent R34 for you, but if they have to go buy it at Zele, they also have to charge you for that service . . . . . Prospec is the one in UK, does it still run??? where is Shin???

If you go to Japan, then I can recomande you this one (Car Produce ACT) in Aichi, the name of the guy running the shop is Suzuki. He not only cleans the cars for sale, but he also checks everything thinkable on the cars . . .
Here is one still for sale, I can ask the price , if you like:

and the link:
http://www.carproduce-act.com/

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mine cost me a fair bit over 4million yen a few months ago, i say clean examples still fetch top dollars in Japan, as Bean said, it's the bottom end of the market that is falling ...

Ciao,

suhail

1 - 20 of 21 Posts