1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I was wondering if i could run my car on this fuel:
C16
Used in: Turbocharged engines, blown engines and nitrous applications. NHRA Comp Eliminator spec fuel. Recommended by the top nitrous oxide companies.
• Color: Blue
• Lead: 6 Grams per gallon
• Motor Octane: 117
• Specific gravity: .730 at 60° F

I recently bought the car and all the mods were done by the previous owner in Japan. The car has been detuned due to our crap petrol here in oz and is now at a safe 400ps. The car was dynoed (in a different state QLD ) by the importer and the guys at the dyno told him the only way to get the full potential from the car (32 psi boost ) was to run it on C18 vp-racing fuel.

My question is what is the damage if any to be done to the engine ie. valve seats or to any sensors ie. O2. Any help would be much appreciated as i look forward to experiencing 700ps.

Lee oh btw car ran 10.38 in Japan

·
Registered
865 Posts
U must have some serious motor if its been de tuned to 400ps, and if u think u can see 700ps?

What mods has it done, and a 10 sec 1/4 is damn fine!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rich J

The boost controller has four settings on it, first one is 11psi the second is 18psi(400ps) the third 25psi(600ps) and the fourth 32psi which im told by the dyno tuner will make 700ps if i can get some racing fuel.
If you want to see some of the specs on the car theres a link in the ( big single ) thread.

Lee

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
How did you manage to get 700PS out of an RB25. I was under the impression 300BHP was the maximum (that's about 500PS isn't it???)

·
Registered
865 Posts
if u have the money then you can tune the rb25 to 500bhp quite easily, but its money and can be done cheaper or same money on a rb26.

PS and bhp are very much the same so 700ps is nearly 700bhp if memory serves me right.

Your car must have some almighty turbo and bullet proof engine to handle that power. Very sweet if u can manage to get that power out on a dyno. Look forward to see what you get:D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yep, checked the PS to BHP conversion. Very well done to the tuner, I would like to know what and how much :eek:)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sub Zero offered me a deal for a guaranteed 500bhp at the wheels. The price? Approx £8.5k and a good RB25DET exchange!

For that money I would have got the following:
Rebuilt bottom end with lightened and balanced forged crank, rods and pistons. Lightened flywheel and clutch to suit
Ported/polished head with std cams
MY plenum :D
Tubular manifold
Garrett -61 turbo (I think)
3" dump pipe
FMIC and piping
Induction kit
fuel rail and injectors for the job
Microtech management system

Maybe more - but thats what I remember;)

I kinda wish Id taken him up on it now.......:(

·
Registered
554 Posts
Rich -

Ive lost your address cos my phones packed up. Can you PM it to me and Ill get it off asap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts