GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apologies if this has been covered b4, but i just cannot believe how much i have spent on my car. only had her 5-6 months and so far have spent nearly £8k!!! (engine re-build etc)
i cant believe it. cant afford to bloody drive it now!:mad:

i was just wondering, wots the most you guys have spent on any single car, not including the professionals/drag cars - just ya every day skyline driver???

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hi Nick,

Its lewis from the MGT nurberg trip!

Only really spent a couple of k on mine in just over two years, mainly on regular maintainence and few extra bits here and there.

I am gonna put my car in at MGT for plenty more power before the nurberg trip next year so im sure there is a big bill coming my way pretty soon....

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lewis...
good to hear from you my man. what a trip eh?

only got my car back last week, can you believe the RAC lost it? :confused:

anyways, all back now and in bits on garths floor i expect. just bought me some HKS turbos, forged piston, etc etc etc now ytou can see where the money is going!:chuckle:

not quite up to $30,000 worth :eek: JEEPERS . would have a heat attack if i got that kinda bill.

keep in touch mate, cause as soon as i can i am off back to nurburg if ya up for it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah, just let me know, i will be there wether the cars had the work done or not.

Planning the same sort of work: tubs, cams, injectors and new management for early next year...

Just been showing my videos to a mate actually:smokin:

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
About 2K in the past year... Mostly on servicing and worn out bits that I replaced with upgraded ones.

Prolly spend another 2K in the next year too, I dont have a lot of cash to spend so I just keep buying a bit at a time.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
now thats impressive:bowdown1: ,,, and sounds a bargain for that much power. take it the car was not stock before ya started?
It was bog standard from Japan, thats why i chose it, unmolested, slow as fcuk compared to my WRX... few quid later it was getting somewhere and when Tweenierob mapped it, he said the internals sounded mint through the det cans.

WRX wouldnt see which way it went now :)

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Had the GTR 5 months now, almost to the day .... £1620.22 .... all on petrol :eek: .... but don't tell the wife :)

But saving up for next year's add-ons (..... well ..... actually started this week with some carbon bits :smokin: ).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.