GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an r33 gtr and just wondering how much would i need to spend to get a reliable 800hp.cheers lads.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
strikero said:
how much money would i need to spend to get a reliable 800hp
All of it. All the money :thumbsup:

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
15-20k will start you off in the right direction but doubt it will finish the project unless you are doing the work yourself?

Anyone truly know of a reliable 800+ Skyline, maybe Hugh and a few others, but there are a lot of failures when pushing that kind of power. I think most will have had problems of some sort.

Be prepared for for breakages is what I'm saying, have enough in the budget for repairs.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
i reckon £25k for an rb30 with T51r kai....depending on what else the car needs...but i'm just an amateur :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
To complete project with all that you need, dependant on job quality and how much you do your self, Engine, gearbox, brakes, mapping etc you may be lucky to get away with 35K:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Vendor
12,591 Posts
Hi Mike

add 5k onto what i spent, but you'll need to drive a hard bargain with your tuner. i replaced nearly every part of my engine, gearbox, intake, managment & fuelling etc. Seeing as you bought my old engine etc i think you know the route:) :)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
What a question. hahahahahah

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Mick

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I've seen this thread kicking around and thought how best to answer and haven't managed to think of something sensible to say on the matter. Other than if you need to ask you probably can't afford and whatever budget you set it wont be enough time you've swapped and changed a lot of parts and tried a few different combinations.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
More money and effort than its worth!
I second Steve & Howsie, wise words indeed.

Which is probably why most people sell up shortly after overspending a shedload. You pursue the ultimate dream but ultimately the dream of having it is better than the reality of it when you realise just how much it cost and keeps on costing. Most people will eventually draw the line somewhere and call it a day. For me it became a case of - there were much better things to be spending money on than burning it all on a car which swallowed up all disposable income every month which got to the point where it wouldn't be reflected in residuals so was just dead money anyway! I guess I'm just not that fanatical ;)

I feel sorry for those who have had failures after spending so much, that really must be a blow, especially if the car wasn't bought in ready modified which works out so much cheaper than a fresh build.

Things seldom live up to expectations in the Skyline world.. don't believe the hype!! Not always anyway :flame:

Good luck
Nito

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
whats that suppose to mean??
Only the plebs are left :confused:

Not at all, what it meant was, certain people who have big horsepower cars are no longer here to offer advice, no disrespect to those that are left.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I could do mine for $30,000 Australian all told. (includes replacement OS gearbox internals, clutch fuel system ECU etc). Now that sounds like a lot to me, (couldn't justify spending that much on my car!) but not so bad when I convert it to pounds! Amaru will have that comfortably once he has the Jun 2.7 built. :)
if you are not shopping around on prices, you will pay a lot more.

Also, are you referring to engine power, or at the hubs?

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Up 550/600 hp seems to be the most reliable for a high powerd GTR ,plenty of them about .800 hp is serious race car power .Cant seem to get to interested in having a car that needs an oil change as soon as you come back from the local shop to buy a packet of fags ,unless you have loads of cash or are going out and out racing/drag whatever semi serious .I dont think the cars are bullet proof at that power.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts