Registered
411 Posts
not the only test ive seen throughout the years

apexi has always been on top with hks among the worse

ive always had k&n at the top of my list due to availability tho

·
Registered
302 Posts
i already did hear about this for a long time ago.

i did use the apexi on the s13 and i have the hks on the GTR. i did not have any problem with both of them.
the only diference it that i notice,i was that the hks ones, do get holder quicker.

cheers

Barros777

·
Registered
634 Posts
I had Apexi on the S14A - performance and sound FTW

Kp

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Not sure if its still the case but K&N's used to have issues on cars with hotwire AFM's due to the oil attaching itself to the wire and causing problems.

TT

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think I have heard that as well. Not sure of the exacts but on the SXOC people used to moan about the oil from the filter playing havoc with the AFM - I am sure this is why I was advised to go for the Apexi.

Kp

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
they don't call them "HKS Dustmasters" for nothing! I ran one on my rally car for a short time, and the whole intake tract and turbo was FULL of dust!! they're pants.

Apexi or nothing.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
the apexi's are by far the best for filtration and durability ..plus they look cool..:chuckle:

the hks ones are very poor in my humble opinion..just a piece of foam

·
Vendor
12,590 Posts
I run a std airbox with Nismo filter and the bung removed from the air ram on the side of the inner wing. Works great for me and MINES and NISMO;)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Indeed Dave's correct as MINES rate the airbox with a performance filter good for up to 500BHP!

I saw the same test when I had my R33 so got rid of the HKS mushrooms for the APEXI & have to agree that they are the better ones.

HKS - good for lots of airflow if you don't require good filtering!

·
Registered
25,652 Posts
HKS are normally on big single turbos, stay away from them would be my view

even the Greddy Air intakes are rather pony

apexis are the better option.

Sard are also quite good.

M's Factory are K&Ns

Stock box with a mines panel filter, or nismo s tune panel is a good option, with the nismo scoop, like on kadirs car

i went the ARC box route with is a combination of both, and has one of the best filtrations available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts