GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey chaps

Just looking for a bit of advice. I've been offered a Kuro Black 59 plate with Sat Nav, USB etc registered in 11/09. Its done 19k miles full HPC service, new tyres and brakes. Has rear parking sensors, rear camera and paint shield.

Just wondering what you would pay for it?

Cheers

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
40K with a cash only sale would be a good price, new tyres, pads and discs are worth 3-4K

·
Registered
627 Posts
you would be looking at around 39-40k. depends on condition and owners. i've noticed recentley that theres been a bigger variance in price with very similar aged/specced cars. but for a good'un i reckon the price i've stated. sounds nice as it has the added rear camera and parking sensors.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh thats good then, I've been offered it for that! But it is mint no marks on anything its in excellent condition.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
40K would be a decent deal you could try and haggle a little more off but as long as its in good condition and has a full service history you wont get a much better deal. Especially if its local and you dont have to drive to the other side of the country to get it.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah cool! I know this might be an odd question but how much do you think it would be worth in 3 years? Just I'm financing it over 3 years and gfv is 22k? But surely it would be worth more than that?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Yeah cool! I know this might be an odd question but how much do you think it would be worth in 3 years? Just I'm financing it over 3 years and gfv is 22k? But surely it would be worth more than that?
I would only expect it to be worth about 24k-25k.
It'll be a highly advanced car that's expensive to run and will be well out of warranty.

Depreciation averaging out at £5k per year is probably about right, plus the (aprox) £5k finance charges you seem to be paying due to the balloon which is outstanding for the three year period. So factor all that in and it's losing about £550 per month in real terms of what you will be paying out.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go on Rob, you know you want it ;) (jonathanc from MKIV)
Oww boy I really really want too! I've been offered another incentive by the HPC today :confused::)

How is yours! Bet your loving it!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Oww boy I really really want too! I've been offered another incentive by the HPC today :confused::)

How is yours! Bet your loving it!
Every second of it mate :) I am taking things easy for now though until I get to know the car better. However had few seconds of fun (on private road ofc) and the acceleration from 60+ is just insane!!!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
£550/month?
£40k car with a £22k GFV in 3 years. £18k to pay off.
£12k deposit, £300/month(x36) is £22,800. £4,800 charges.
Car will probably be worth about £25k, so you get back £3k off the £18k you pay out.

Total cost £15k depreciation plus £4,800 finance charges = £19,800.
Divide that by the 36 months you own the car = £550.

After 3 years you have £3k and no car. Or you buy/refinance the car at the GFV figure.

·
Registered
25,479 Posts
fact is, its a great car, and one to own.If you can afford to do so, go for it.

however the prices are dropping alot.

just look on pistonheads

i think if you use the car for a daily driver, then as soon as that mileage starts to really add up, its going to be costing alot every month (re-sale value)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts