1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
SERVICE

Cem,
Every 3,000miles max.
Alan,
I thought I was a bit over the top.....But I guess the more often the better?

Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
324 Posts
What do you mean By Service?

If you are talking about Changing the Oil and Filter,

I think that most People that do a bit of Trackday/ Dynoday work would work on 3000 miles as Old and Filters are cheep and can be done by any one including your self

If you are talking about Servicing as in Checking Brakes Cam belts ect, ect The Midlehusted book is 6000 miles with Major and Minor Services

Hope that is Helpfull

You could always do it as I do and Buy a Box of Filters and a Drum of Oil do the oil changes your self then get the servicing done with out oil changes by Abbey or some one

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Cem,

I've had my 33 for just over 2 years now, done 16k miles in it and I've changed the oil 11 times so far. May seem excessive but I never do more than 2 track days on the same oil and never more than 2k miles without changing it. I always use Mobil 1 Motorsport. I've also changed all the transmission oils and fluids twice in that time along with 2 sets of HKS Power Flow filters.

Peter.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Pete,

Silkolene Pro SRG 75 (£50/4 lts) for gearbox and diffs. ATFII for the transfer box.

The recommended oil for the rear diff oil is LSD90 but this is difficult to find so I used the Pro SRG 75.

I don't think it's possible to spend too much when it comes to oils or change them too frequently.

Peter.

BTW, Halfords have a get 4 for the price of 3 promotion at the moment....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Peter,

I'd agree - preventative maintenance and all that. I'd actually been considering Castrol VMX80 or one of the Motul oils for the gearbox. Do you know the capacities (roughly) of the 'box and tranfer case?

Phil

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Oops sorry Phil, the Pete H fooled me.

The gearbox and diffs take about 6 litres from memory and I think the transfer box takes over a litre. Sorry not be precise but I've got some of both left over. I guess Gary or Shin or Gazmo would know the exact amounts involved.

Peter.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks a lot all.

Seems like its different strokes for different folks really. I think that I will stick to a 6000mile schedule (which is still cheaper than the Mak I had - every 4500 miles at £300 a go!) unless I plan on doing any trackdays.

Cheers,

Cem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts