Votes: 22 13.8%
  • only on special occasions

Votes: 10 6.3%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that many Skyline owners have other cars and maybe only use the Skylines at weekends or whatever.

What's the norm?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mainly weekends!

Since I bought mine I promised myself I wouldn't use it for work (who wants to clock up 18,000 miles a year!).

So far I haven't, however I seem to be making up for it when I do take it out. I seem to be filling it up more often than my every day car! :confused:

I just find the less I drive it, the more reluctant I am to get out of it once I'm in it!!!! :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Every day

I use mine all the time, i have the other car for when its away being fettled :)

There is no better way to start the day than fighting through the slippery B roads of Oxfordshire on those cold winter mornings

·
Registered
285 Posts
Daily Skyline

I have driven mine nearly everyday for 5 years, not long trips, business and pleasure (always a pleasure), mostly local, 45,000 miles now on the clock.

If I've had to go into an 'iffy' area, I won't leave the car unattended, in fact, I usually refuse to go there in the first place,
it just isn't worth the risk.

..........but yeah, an everyday car for me.

Chris :smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
134 Posts
FAO Joss

Were you on the M40 Southbound between Oxford and HW a couple of weeks back - bank holiday monday perhaps black R34 V* GTR plate ?????

Just hoping to make you a little happier ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
everyday, why would i drive anything else :)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
everyday, why would i drive anything else :)
He he, I thought the same thing but a lot of Skylines seem to have really low mileage for their age.

I'm not sure whether driving it to work and back every day would spoil it a bit ... I'd hate to do that ;)

Thanks everyone for their votes - it pretty much seems a 50/50 split between it being an every day and a weekend car for most owners.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hardly ever...

I only drive mine on highdays and holidays or to events etc. It's got to be good conditions before I'll take her out as she's a bitch to drive in the wet and generally just a waist of time.

Rupert

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Hardly ever...

It's got to be good conditions before I'll take her out as she's a bitch to drive in the wet
Rupert,

I've not been in your car so this is guesswork but does the power come in very hard and very suddenly when compared to a less tuned GTR? I presume so from your "bitch to drive in the wet" comment.

I found that when I turned the boost up on my bike, the power came in harder and more suddenly, making it more fun in the dry but worse in the wet ... mainly because it was quite difficult to get a happy medium between docile and "holy sh1t" (the latter causing serious grin factor on dry roads but severe wheel spin on wet ones).

Would I be right in thinking that a GTR with approx 500 bhp and throttle proportional boost control would be friendlier in the wet?

I want something quick but I've got to be able to drive it each day.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Re: FAO Joss

Paul Fox said:
Were you on the M40 Southbound between Oxford and HW a couple of weeks back - bank holiday monday perhaps black R34 V* GTR plate ?????

Just hoping to make you a little happier ;)
Sadly that was not me :(

I was in London on bank hol Monday, my plate is V** PEC :)

Thanks for thinking of me :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts