• a few days a month

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • only on special occasions

Votes: 10 6.3%
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Man I drive my car everydamn day except for the summer when I am out of town ,, AND if I am not doing anything to it like modifing it .

Some people tell me its not a daily driver I laught at there face and tell em its better than a damn porche to drive + you have LOADS of storage space I think it stores more or equal to a Luxuary Sedan, eg E55, BMW 540, and Lexus GS300.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Special occasions are everytime I get on the road (aren't they?), at least two to three times a day.......... in fact, I can't rememebr thelast time where I wasn't in a Skyline whilst on the road. The only other vehicle I have driven, or been a passenger in, in the past 6 months (at least) was a 4 wheel motorbike.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Turning that round, since I've been looking for Skylines, I've noticed just how few there seem to be. I've just driven 400 miles and only saw one.

I think the count on BMWs went into 3 figures ...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Me too

The last time I saw one on the road must have been about two months ago! That's part of the appeal to me though.
Subarus and evos everwhere (always fancied an evo when I was younger).

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Daily

Drive it daily which I hate - lots of around town stuff and short journeys with no chance to exercise it to its full potential!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I only drive mine on highdays and holidays or to events etc. It's got to be good conditions before I'll take her out as she's a bitch to drive in the wet and generally just a waist of time.

Rupert
think you need to make some adjustments, bud
are your springs too stiff?
what tyres do you run?

my car is brilliant in the wet, and huge fun

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Well I've got a complex now, doing 3k + per month and never been spotted...

What do I need to do?
hang around outside your local schools at kicking out time :chuckle:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just trying to keep the milage low on the car, and since i got my S14, i keep that as a daily and the GTR in the garage and only a few times a week it gets driven.... Mind u, it seems the S14 gets more heads turned than my GTR :confused:

And when its out, its driven fairly "enthusiastically" :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
i voted for most days as only a few days a week it gets a rest due to fuel prices, use it to get to work at the weekends, pick my son up from school, & finally for fun in the evenings when i get a chance:chuckle: but it also costs me a fortune trying to get my youngest off to sleep:runaway:

its been the most fulfilling car ive ever owned so why not enjoy it as much as possible, although a lock-bar & slightly softer springs might help in the winter:chuckle:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I was using mine every day of the week for work. Averaging around 350 miles a week and loved every minute off it.

Even with back breaking suspension , agressive twin plate and 600 bhp.

I dont get any trouble in the wet, no wheel spin or anything.

Love them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
mine gets used just 6 months of the year then tucked away for another 6 months over winter. when she is used it is only on dry days unless i get caught out...lol. but thats usually weekends it gets used. only do 2-3 k miles a year

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
everyday and love it :smokin:
wallet doesnt like it though.....my local shell garage likes me too

·
Registered
25 Posts
well i kindof have to drive mine everyday, being as i work at a garage, me and the guys smoke the tires off it EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes we buy alot of tires but its ok couse we have a great account with American Tire.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Holy thread resurrection batman!!

I think after 5 years and 4 months he may have sorted it out or sold the car gavman. :)
embarrassed lol
11 september 2002....
perhaps it's his tyres?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Weekend only. Pain in the arse to get out. Behind a boat, Behind 3 cars, locke dup in the garage. Takes 20 mintues to move everything out.... then the same to put it all back.

·
Registered
638 Posts
As I have a 75mile round trip to work at the moment it's twice a week rarely, but otherwise she is a weekend ride!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts