Votes: 31 15.8%
  • Never on the road, I keep that for trackdays etc

Votes: 7 3.6%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought it would be interesting to find this out.
I've only had a Skyline about 3-4 months and my answer is 'now & again'.
I think in general driving (it's my daily driver) that there is a lack of good safe opportunities; but everytime I do, I'm half expecting something to go bang !
(And I mean under the bonnet, not in a 'throwing it at the scenery sort of way').

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've only had mine 12 days, not properly ragged it at all yet. Still had the back end step out on me a couple of times, in the wet. Getting used to the power I suppose.:chuckle:

Mine needs a cambelt change, going to be done over xmas, daren't rag it until it's done!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Yea i really do mine every Sat without fail.(Rain sleet or snow)
Safety is never an issue if you do it the correct way.

1. Hose of properly
2. Tepid water in bucket
3. Add Poor boys concentrated wash.
4. Use Poorboys wash MIT and go over thoroughly.
5. Rinse with Evian (warm if you can get it)
6. Remove excess water with Autoglym blade (Rinse first)
7. Go over car with a chamois leather
8. Use a type of paint cleaner IE (Poorboys)
9. THEN RAGG THE **** OUT OF IT YOU JAZZZZZZZZZZ MAN

hahahahahahahahaha:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Night Night

Mick:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

M

·
Registered
318 Posts
EVERY TIME I GO OUT!!!!!!! if your gonna spend thousands and thousands of quid modding yer car then not "rag it about" you'd be a bit daft i recon!!!!!!!
obviously i respect other road users, but when your on the open road COME ON THATS HAVE IT!!!! 1.5 BAR AND YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! my new birds just shat herself, and f$$k me.. so have i!!! you cant beat that feeling!!!
i seem to take the long route home every nite, i cant help it.... perhaps im crazy ha ha ha :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
EVERY TIME I GO OUT!!!!!!! if your gonna spend thousands and thousands of quid modding yer car then not "rag it about" you'd be a bit daft i recon!!!!!!!
obviously i respect other road users, but when your on the open road COME ON THATS HAVE IT!!!! 1.5 BAR AND YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! my new birds just shat herself, and f$$k me.. so have i!!! you cant beat that feeling!!!
i seem to take the long route home every nite, i cant help it.... perhaps im crazy ha ha ha :squintdan :squintdan :squintdan !!!!!!!!
:chuckle: sounds like me but i don't run 1.5bar yet...

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
while I was mapping, I ran hard every night. But now that I've gotten my map pretty much where I want it (low knock, good response, safe EGTs, just a little rich/gas guzzling), I open it up only when I really have some open road to enjoy it. I daily drive, and I often have passengers, and I've realized that even the hard core guy friends I have aren't too keen with being in a Skyline floored on a public road during the day, not being at the steering wheel. So out of politeness, I don't push the car unless I'm alone really.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I've got to admit though, when not driving, Skylines are a rather frightening place to be. My first ride in a Skyline (420whp) was scary enough to actually have me question whether or not the car was out of my league. My current tune is a bit more powerful. Good thing that piloting eliminates much of that fear :)

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
i do it every now and then (quad) but i dont rag it when i have any passengers (well only if they are petrol heads and if i really can do it like on empty roads).

my quad is scary to rag though...

last time i went for a quick run to the shops to get some pepsi max which my mom forgot to get lol. walked out of the shops after i got it, went on the quad, drove away slowly of parking lot. the quad was still warm and readdy to go flat out, i took it slowly round the corner, then a clear road: i give it full throttly, thinking i was in 3rd. well i was in second lol and pulled a massive wheelie through half of the street!

i nearly shat myself as i really didnt expect it.

damn i love that machine!

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Got a funny video clip yesterday....was following Turboslipper's R34GTR (that thing sounds awesome!), missus was trying to video the flames licking out of his exhaust....stuck my foot down and all you can hear is her screaming....hahaha :)

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
well i live about a mile and a half from work, and it takes about 6 minutes, so thats about a 60 seconds quarter!

;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.