GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it that there r 2 places on the zorst manifold for them to bolt on or r there 2 exhaust manifolds??

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Twin turbos can be either connected by two seperate exhaust manifolds (using a balancer pipe in some cases) or a one-piece manifold with twin outlets built onto it. The former is far more popular than the latter and is representative of how the RB26DETTs come from the factory.

Cya O!

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Peter,

I think you got the last line out of context :)

Gio said

The former is far more popular than the latter and is representative of how the RB26DETTs come from the factory
ie : the former .... is representative of the factory fitting.

3,663 Posts
spool up at same time

Peter,

they are mean,t to spool up at the same time , but sometimes
they don,t then you get the "shuffles" !!!!!!!.

Mark

·
Registered
653 Posts
Do some twin turbo motors have a big & a small turbo that run secquentialy to overcome lag? Or would this just cause loads of probs?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Very complicated piping and tubing....and most people ditch them for a single

I agree to that,, MOST Supra owners who do turbo upgrades either go for normal twin, or a big singel.. they ditch the idea of sequential.. to my understanding its not vey effeciante when trying to make good HP numbers.

But the idea of the sequantial is still very nice am glade people have tried it and manufacturers are willing to take risks in making winkel engines and sequentials ,, :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts