GTR Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Official GTR.co.uk Photographer
2,671 Posts
i do like the way the power comes in at 5000 rpm but some times in 1st and 2nd gear it can get a bit snappy ( wild ) .

bit like when the power comes in its like - nothing nothing nothing nothing ( nearly 5000 rpm ) nothing still nothing then bang like a rocket shoved up the rear . its fun but quite a sharp point were the power comes in as you see at around 70 mph in 3rd gear it suddenly picks up .

would be nice to have a slightly larger area of revs to play with as my rev limit is set at 7800 rpm .

good side to it though is it can be quite econimical to drive with how the power comes in because if your doing 70 mph in 5th gear then your not even touching any boost realy so it just plods along like a lazy 2.6 engine lol.

and when you want some fun at 70 mph ish just knock it down just into 4th is normaly ok and it pulls strongly and makes alot of speed with that too .

the gtr is deffinatly like an addiction lol

·
Registered
788 Posts
Uprated cams would make such a difference to the pick up of your car J-cabs !!!!
Im running Tomie pons dialled in for response with trust t517z turbos ,
Full boost by 3500, pulls real strong to 8250rpm. :)
Even from low revs in 5th its pulls strong.

·
2,671 Posts
fuel economy would be the downside of my setup but meh i have bought a gtr so what did i expect! :p
yeah i know lol fuel is never going to be great but when on a long journey with out to much right foot it can make a huge difference were the boost comes in high in the rev range.

still its all worth it for the drive :thumbsup:

·
2,671 Posts
Uprated cams would make such a difference to the pick up of your car J-cabs !!!!
Im running Tomie pons dialled in for response with trust t517z turbos ,
Full boost by 3500, pulls real strong to 8250rpm. :)
Even from low revs in 5th its pulls strong.
cant wait :D especialy for more power too , such a nice feeling when going up in reasonable chunks with the bhp :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Found this guys:-

"I am seeing on my Map Tracer that I am reaching load point 19-20 on full throttle. I am maxing out the PowerFC! What can I do?
Load or what is considered "load axis" on the powerfc maps is based on values fed from the airflow meter. If the airflow measure "lots" or air the powerfc moves down the axis on the left and reads the corresponding values. What happens when your AFM is showing the ceiling or "highest" values the powerfc has calibration for then you are stuck with a "flatline" load map which would look something like:"

*Sorry, pic didn't copy over*

From here you can see it drops the max load points fairly quickly. This would most likely result in being unable to accurately tune from 4000rpm onwards as it just keeps reading the same load values each time (aka end of the map). This issue has only been found to occur with the AP Engineering RB20 PowerFC and using a "high load" setup such as an RB30 bottom end conversion. The issue is correctable by "extending" or "stretching" out the airflow meter reference points. This corrects it by when the airflow meter measures 3.2volts the powerfc matches that to load point 11 as an example. By default the AP Engineer PowerFC looks to reference the max load points a little early with an ugprade intake system and maxes out a little to early. This is not to be confused with the actual airflow meter maxing out at 5 volts. The correction in this case is to obtain the RB25 airflow map refence points and use them instead of the RB20 ones. This then "extends" the airflow meter range and allows it to run around the load point 15 mark on full throttle instead of the bottom of the map. This should allow for more accurate tuning as there is room for "increased" load because there are 5 or 6 "points" to advance in load before its at max again. This cannot be done with the Hand Controller as it requires the FC Pro software, Datalogit or Fc Tune to access the airflow ramp tables.

Cheers,

41 - 46 of 46 Posts