GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG !!! I was pulling up to the lights in my r33 gtr wen i noticed a white r35. I was going to the same place as him so i parked next to him,i got out the car to say hello and looked at him he gave me the dirty'ist look in the world checked his car and walked off.
I was like to my girlfriend wot a f**King tw*t (sorry for the bad words :) ..)
but how rude can some people be lol.
Well just thought i would share that info with you guys lol cheers

Dan...

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
A lot of R35 owners aren't Skyline enthusiasts, they merely jumped on the bandwagon after swallowing all the hype about the R35 being quicker than a Porsche around the Ring. The fact that a lot of them don't have the skills to take advantage of that Porsche beating performance is neither here nor there...............sounds great when at the pub, reciting the crap that they read in magazines and on forums though.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
A lot of R35 owners aren't Skyline enthusiasts, they merely jumped on the bandwagon after swallowing all the hype about the R35 being quicker than a Porsche around the Ring. The fact that a lot of them don't have the skills to take advantage of that Porsche beating performance is neither here nor there...............sounds great when at the pub, reciting the crap that they read in magazines and on forums though.
:D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
People with no manners really do wind me up, theres nothing worse, it takes little if no effort to be polite.Grrrr.
I also think theres alot to say in Boosted's post, he probably didnt even realise you were driving his older brother.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I felt so wound up lol had to share my feelings with some one my bird dint understand she was like '' it's just a car '' i just said shut up u fool lol any one else would of waved or done some thing lol thanks for writing bk guys u made me smile again lol..

Dan...

·
Registered
283 Posts
I completely agree with Chris. I have never been interested in the whole "Skyline" thing until the R35 came out and i was like "WOW" a car that fast for the same price as a new M3!!!

But now i have one and i have taken the time to understand what they are all about i so wish i had realized earlier and skipped my hatefull BMW experience.

There is no going back for me as i am in awe of what really is a truly amazing piece of machinery.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Mike, when I tell people I don't like Porsches or Ferraris, and that I like Nissans, they look at me as if I'd just stabbed the Pope.

:chuckle:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Mike, when I tell people I don't like Porsches or Ferraris, and that I like Nissans, they look at me as if I'd just stabbed the Pope.

I do like Pagani, Ascari, and Koenigsegg, though. In my opinion, those are proper supercars. :thumbsup:

I also like Noble!! :smokin:

·
Registered
816 Posts
We're not all like that. I know how it feels I was out in my blue IX when an identical blue IX360 pulled into carpark space infront of me. I give him a nod and said alright and he looked at me like I was s**t since mine was "only" a 320, what a knob.

I love the 32's and 33's! oh and 34's and the 2000 GTR :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well there is a gray r35 who i see every now and then and he all ways waves to me.
I mean if i was driving a normal car like a ford or fiat i wunt wave to every one i seen lol
i dont no why it botherd me but it did lol dont think im a freak coz people donjt wave to me lol lol

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
and I've had a couple of instances where I've waved at Skyline owners who have ignored me :p

·
Registered
283 Posts

Again Chris, in complete agreement.

I was just about to get shot of my piece of pooh E90 M3 Convertible and buy a R35 when all my friends said... "your getting rid of your BMW for a Nissan!!!!" are you mad?
Now i have one and they have seen it in the flesh and have been out in it...

i think i have a few converts. :squintdan

P.S loving the Pope reference :smokin:

·
Registered
392 Posts
OMG !!! I was pulling up to the lights in my r33 gtr wen i noticed a white r35. I was going to the same place as him so i parked next to him,i got out the car to say hello and looked at him he gave me the dirty'ist look in the world checked his car and walked off.

Dan...
well do you not think he did this cause he is better than you

just kidding lol what a plonker im sure he knew you where wanting to talk but thought he was better . dont worry about it .the guy is a dobber:squintdan

·
Registered
342 Posts
We're not all like that. I know how it feels I was out in my blue IX when an identical blue IX360 pulled into carpark space infront of me. I give him a nod and said alright and he looked at me like I was s**t since mine was "only" a 320, what a knob.

I love the 32's and 33's! oh and 34's and the 2000 GTR :thumbsup:
I think that R35 owners will fall into two camps.

I would have had a 32,33 or 34 if i had the money or the children had grown up.

I will now have mine in 10 years time and the guy with the white one above will have moved on to the next thing or perhaps more likely been rumbled as being a show off living beyond his means and be serving us petrol or sausage rolls.

AM

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
A lot of R35 owners aren't Skyline enthusiasts
Yep, in a nutshell! Plus if you take the type of owner you sometimes associate with brands like Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Merc & so forth. When you look at the performance vs the price of the R35 then it means your introducing a fair number of t**ts into the Skyline fraternity.

Unfortunate but true ...

(& yes I know not all R35 owners are the same ;))

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe he ignore you because he was jealouse Lol, or because he was just a simple guy ho have buyed a R35 without knowing what mean to have a Skyline GT-R

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
It's been said loads of times about ignorant and rude r35 owners,and before that it was r34 owners when the car was fairly new and over here ,it's nothing to do with the car .Chances are that that guy is a bit of a twat anyway and was so before he bought it ,just the opposite can be said of the bloke that will wave or have a chat with someone in a previous model of the car,more than likley he is a decent friendly guy anyway .

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts

Dan...
This fella sounds like a right berk... :banned: Least he could've done was smile and wave hello back. He just must've not appreciated he had a fellow GT-R owner parked up next to him with a shared GT-R petrolhead passion... doh! :lamer: How rude indeed!

Wot the plonker obviously doesn't know is that most previous gen GT-Rs can proper shift and can give any standard R35 a good run for its money or even spank it driven well... so genuine respect is due to all Skylines for sheer ability, heritage aside! :squintdan

I think that R35 owners will fall into two camps.

I would have had a 32,33 or 34 if i had the money or the children had grown up.

I will now have mine in 10 years time and the guy with the white one above will have moved on to the next thing or perhaps more likely been rumbled as being a show off living beyond his means and be serving us petrol or sausage rolls.

AM
LOL :thumbsup:

Meself, I'm in the run sports cars all me driving days, had a 4 year old Zed and did the "should I, shouldn't" move to a GT-R instead of keeping me Zed and doing some tuning (was seriously considering forced induction) but obviously I plumped for the R35. No regrets, apart from my seriously dented bank account. But, worth the stretch I think + she's a keeper. Can't see myself buying new again. This GT-R is all the fun I could wish for and like all others is developing a fab tuning scene (a big consideration in the "keepability" stakes down the line, as we can have a "new you" GT-R down the line just by choosing some nice mods). Excellent.

Bit of a cop out from buying a real Skyline, but I've always looked at it and bottled not being much of a mechanic beyond a simple oil and filter change.
I always thought it takes a workshop level of dedication to properly look after an R32 upwards just because they'll naturally need work from time to time.
But, then I guess that's what part of what this club is for... sharing the knowledge/community and getting things done on the cheap!

Still bottled it though and went for the "safe daily drive but pricey" option of a new R35.

I certainly give nod a smile to other GT-Rers and most Datsuns too :smokin:
Sometimes get blanked, but what the hey...smile and the whole world smiles with you they say! :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
i got the same sort of reaction once when going to a show from a r33 gtr owner, he stuck his nose up and floored it on a motorway as i piped the horn and waved, i laughed as i passed him. never saw him at the show tho

1 - 20 of 45 Posts