GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....can I polish my car?

The car will be going in for respray in a couple of weeks. Same colour, to cover old battle scars etc.

How soon after can I polish it? How long does the paint need to harden, if at all?

Thanks in advance guys and gals.

·
Registered
552 Posts
This will also depend on what polish you are going to use, why dont you pm Alex Creasy at specialized performance, he really knows his stuff.
I use Harley wax supplied by Alex on my black 33 and would not use anything else. takes 20 mins to do car complete with no white marks anywhere.

·
Registered
552 Posts
You are also correct in your comments on paint and application but this also applies to wax. harley wax will allow your paint to breath under a natural wax old fashioned i know but it works you can take it off as quick as you can put it on, my car was waxed with it after its respray with in days no problem, car was slow baked at low temperature over night.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
yes you may be right

mine wasnt baked though...just a spray and left in the garage so maybe that could make a difference?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Moleman if your having your car power polished after respray(i.e flatted then mopped with farecla to give that glass like finish) that has to b done within the first week on fresh paint so any time after that. Have you tried Zymol pretty good stuff £11.99 from halfords gets rid of swirl marks etc hope this helps ya mate:smokin:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Had my car sprayed in about 70% of the car to remove all the little dents(Car park & high speed) and stone chips that have appeared over the last 15years of his life.

I must say it looks much better getting all the little bodywork problems out. Makes it look like a newer car.

They spayed it monday and was polishing it today with a flat buffing mop for the shine for the new paint. So two days.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
i,would have thought that if the paint shop is any good thay wont let it out untill thay have polished it,just had mine done and like the body shop said whats the point in painting it to a very high standard,than sending it out half done ,reqiuring polishing by someone else:confused: get them to do it MR MOLEMAN then you know it should be right.:wavey: NISMOMAN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts