GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
get to the oil pressure sender unit? Ive got a Trust remote filter on mine and can see where the 2 pipes go to the block but theres so much gear in the way i cant even see the sender unit let alone get a spanner on it. Reason i ask is that i want to fit a decent oil presure gauge and a remote sender unit via a T piece where the factory sender is.
Please dont tell me i have to take off the bloody plenum to get at a sender unit:(

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well today ive made up my mind, the plenums coming off just as soon as this brass monkey weather subsides.
Only thing troubling me about this chore is all the pipes conected to it underneath that you cant see, is it realy that much of a b*****d?
Pluss while its off i can polish it up to match the rest of the pipes and bits under the bonnet:smokin:
Any pointers to plenum removal greatfully recieved:)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Removal of the oil pressure sender is an easy job. I can't think why you can't do it from the top without removing the plenum.

Failing that, its easy it the starter out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, im starting to wonder if the sender was actualy moved somewhere else when the Grex oil cooler/ filter relocation kit went on as i definately cant see it from above or under the car:confused:
Having said that though, i cant see the sandwich plate on the block either as theres just to much gear in the way so the factory sender may still be where Nissan intended.
Il dangle a mirror down there and see if i can see it that way.
Thanks for the reply Combat:)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Removal of the plenium is quite a tricky job and not something you should try yourself {said to me by a mechanic at Abbey}
There are lots of pipes and tubes and other bits underneath.
I will be back in Plymouth next week if you want to have a look at my spare polished one that i havent got around to fitting yet.
I also believe that its a good 3 - 4 hour job even if you know what your doing. I hope i havent put you off.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Hodgie, i may take you up on that:)
I was in the trade at one time as an HGV fitter but i get what your saying m8,
it looks a bastid job to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts