GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my engine out of my R32GT-R today for a coming uppgrade.

I was happy finding a twin plate Nismo clutch (i don´t know wich model it is), but i want to messiure and perhaps service the clutch disks.

My question is then how thick the disks are when the clutch is new?

I have seen som figures that the Nismo twin plate G-max have 3.5mm new and minimum 2.6mm, is this correct? is mine a G-max?

Some pictures of the clutch:

One of the two disks:

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
hi mate, that clutch is the older g-max. the first twin they made. slightly less spring pressure thats all. but yes its a g-max. plates are 3.6mm new. and 2.6mm when knackered. just removed mine and they are 3.6 and 3.3.. if you are going to re-use the plates put the thicker of the two nearest the flywheel as this one wares first and faster intially.hope that helps bernie.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rockabilly said:
hi mate, that clutch is the older g-max. the first twin they made. slightly less spring pressure thats all. but yes its a g-max. plates are 3.6mm new. and 2.6mm when knackered. just removed mine and they are 3.6 and 3.3.. if you are going to re-use the plates put the thicker of the two nearest the flywheel as this one wares first and faster intially.hope that helps bernie.
Hi Bernie,

Thanks alot for this info, i will messiure my plates this week and see if any of the two needs replacement.

Is there some cheeper exange plates avalible on the market if i have to replace or do i need to by the Nismo original ones?

How much is the nismo ones btw?

Thanks,

Peter

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
no probs peter. think you may have to buy from prospec in london or find a nismo dealer, last resort is search in japan for some good secondhand ones...sorry bernie.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rockabilly said:
no probs peter. think you may have to buy from prospec in london or find a nismo dealer, last resort is search in japan for some good secondhand ones...sorry bernie.
Ok, thanks, do you have a link to prospec´s webpage? I tried www.prospec.co.uk and found bathroom equipment *he he*:eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rockabilly said:
Hi Bernie,

I messiured the plates and one of them were 3.6mm and the other one was 3.1mm.

Regarding your info about wich plate that wares first:
They must have switched them because the plate with 3.1mm thicknes wasen´t mounted nearest the flywheel.

I think that these disks will last atleast this summer?

Cheers,

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts