GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my mate were trying to change the standard fuel pump with an uprated one on his r32..took everything off, the boot carpet, round metal cover plate, electric connector protector plate and disconnected the 2 rubber pipes that connect to the metal lid (i guess these are the fuel pipes) which also has some wires connected to it..but the lid doesnt come out!! is there a trick to taking it out?
we were told that the pump is all the way down at the bottom of the tank..how could we take the fuel pump off? is there a screw thats holding it in there?
any help would be great...including pictures..

·
Registered
63 Posts
the pump slides in to a locator in the tank, ferk around where the pump is and you'll find a clip(cant remember exactly where), squeeze the clip and draw out the pump and be careful of the float mechanism

·
Registered
628 Posts
4 screws remove the metal lid and then undo the filler cap to take the tank pressure away. Take the two rubber hoses off. Unscrew the rind around the tank sender, its a big black ring, use a screwdriver and gently push the ring around. When the ring is off you wil be able to remove he tank sender unit and pipes. The pump is situ right in a recess below the opening. its sitting at an angle, put youre hand around the raised section or top of the pump and there is a litle plastic tag nip this with youre fingers as if you were removing a locked electrical connector , and the pump slides out to the right towards the rear wing of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts