GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone let me know how you engage a rolling launch with the latest EcuTek software.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sure, its very simple..

Just get the car running in cruise control at a constant speed you desire.. Prefferably you want it to be in manual mode so that you can shift accordingly with the cruise speed in order to set the rpm you want to launch at..

Then once you are in cruise control, at the rpm you want, just bed the throttle all the way down and you will hear the car spool up.. Press cancel to launch ! (Cancel button just disengages cruise control so you shooot off)

:) Enjoy

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I will try this again, when I set my speed with the cruise control and then accelerated, my speed seem to go up rather than than the car spool up.

Maybe I need to be aggressive with the accelerator and bed it all the way down ?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, found the problem, needed at least to have two switches in R mode.

Amazing sound & acceleration :flame:

By the full Russ Fellows system sounds amazing !!!

Windows down listening to nothing else :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nicce :) Rolling launch gets a bit addictive lol

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Tried this last week and ended up with the car dying and ECU error code - I probably messed the sequence up....

Right

1. Car in 99 or 100 map
2. R R R
3. Cruise on and drive at e.g. 60 in 3rd
4. Foot to the floor
5. Press Cancel
6. Go

Does one need to adjust boost once in Cruise and how do you do this?

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reading EcuTek write up, the pressures look like they are preset by the tuner.

Did all of the above to launch the car :)

I going to ask Ian, but I assume all the features as programmed by Litchfield are documented, as each master tuner has options they can choose to trigger features such as rolling launch.

In this case it looks like suspension needs to be in R mode, nothing else, which is something EcuTek say can be set.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I dunno, i always drive my car in R R R 90% of the time :p so always works fine lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
As above really - 99 setting with suspension in R mode (Iain changed this to preserve standard cruise function in the 99 map). Target boost is pre-set by the tuner but adjustability may be the subject of later revisions I believe.

VXRCYMRU I also killed my car using rolling launch (various warnings, limp mode etc) which turned out to be a software bug in an early version, according to Iain. All sorted now.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
As above really - 99 setting with suspension in R mode (Iain changed this to preserve standard cruise function in the 99 map). Target boost is pre-set by the tuner but adjustability may be the subject of later revisions I believe.

VXRCYMRU I also killed my car using rolling launch (various warnings, limp mode etc) which turned out to be a software bug in an early version, according to Iain. All sorted now.
Thanks I'll speak to him regarding a fix

·
Registered
122 Posts
I going to ask Ian, but I assume all the features as programmed by Litchfield are documented, as each master tuner has options they can choose to trigger features such as rolling launch.
I got a Word document from Iain with detailed instructions for all the features

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Enjoyed this feature yesterday, with GTCs aggressive rolling launch the car is popping and banging while building boost before pinning you to the seat :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Enjoyed this feature yesterday, with GTCs aggressive rolling launch the car is popping and banging while building boost before pinning you to the seat :chuckle:
What speed and gear did you find most enjoyable?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts