GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Has anyone fitted after market DRL's to a MY2010?? If so what connection did you fit them to i.e. do they have to be switched on manually or did you wire them into the ignition? maybe at the fuse box?? Any assistance would be gratefully accepted as I am generally not very technically minded. Is this an easy job or should I take to an auto electrician

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Searching in the correct section helps.
Phillips makes some plug and play.

PS the plural of DRL is DRLs!

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did search in the correct section but still found nothing..Thanks for the lesson in England!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is it just me?

But I find it funny when people get corrected on speling gramer an puntuation. ha ha

always an English teacher somewhere, and they're normally correcting me. take it with the humour that it is intended ...... if your correcting people because you think you're better and superior then you can do one in my book.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hi, Has anyone fitted after market DRL's to a MY2010?? If so what connection did you fit them to i.e. do they have to be switched on manually or did you wire them into the ignition? maybe at the fuse box?? Any assistance would be gratefully accepted as I am generally not very technically minded. Is this an easy job or should I take to an auto electrician

Iam interested in a set of these too,, But wouldn't pay near £900 for them, there must be someone on here thats fitted the cheap ones? Would be nice to see how they turned out..

·
Registered
626 Posts
I thought about doing the fully MY11 front end conversion, but its a lot of dosh for not much stuff in my opinion. may just save up and buy a MY11

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Is it just me?

But I find it funny when people get corrected on speling gramer an puntuation. ha ha

always an English teacher somewhere, and they're normally correcting me. take it with the humour that it is intended ...... if your correcting people because you think you're better and superior then you can do one in my book.
I've found searches work better if the word is spelt correctly.

·
Registered
442 Posts
The wiring is really easy. They have a 12v live (to battery), an earth (to chassis), ACC live or ignition live (I used the switch live from 1 of the relays in front of the battery) and finally a lights out wire (goes to live on sidelight).
Thanks all the wiring done. Simples.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts