GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its more of a security question, posted it here as more people view this thread than the secruity one.

Question - What would be a quick and easy way to disable a R34 GTR when its sitting idle in my garage?

I need to know this so it can be a deterent in case of an attempted theft. The fuse is not an option as it seems the pricks nowadays seem to be carrying spare fuses around. They are though not likely to be carrying some other integral part which can be removed and kept away from the car. It needs to be somewhat easy to remove(simple tools can/maybe used), easy to re-install and not too heavy to carry around.

Feedback needed. Thanks ahead.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
a fuse is an option if it's an extra one stuck somewhere where they can't see it, or something that doesn't look obvious. For example, stuck within all the fuseblocks for my stereo system in the boot, is a fuse to my fuel pumps. Pull one of those, and the car will start, but no gas, no go.

Of course, there's pushing it out of the garage and towing the car away. If thieves want your car, you can only slow them down - short of a shotgun and being present, you can't stop a car theft.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Unplug the CAS, but leave the plug half in so it looks fine?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sink a metal security bollard that drops into the floor - that will stop them and if not they will make so much noise when they break it you will wake. Then you can let their heads make friends with Mr Bat.

I have a far better solution, I put the keys to the GTR round my dogs collar - if they want them they are more than welcome to them, I wish them all the luck in the world - they'll need it.

Kp

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I have a far better solution, I put the keys to the GTR round my dogs collar - if they want them they are more than welcome to them, I wish them all the luck in the world - they'll need it.

Kp
Thats a good idea:chuckle:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
A lump of meat and said baseball bat would get round that!

It always gets round the dogs in the movies anyhow....

D

·
Registered
634 Posts
You'd have to break in first and by that time he would have found his own piece of meat, probably from your leg or your arse - he is excellent with kids though, just not burgulars or car theives.

Kp

·
Registered
535 Posts
You'd have to break in first and by that time he would have found his own piece of meat, probably from your leg or your arse - he is excellent with kids though, just not burgulars or car theives.

Kp
My Rottie is the same :clap: Guarding is second nature and if im not there to introduce you then they better be Bl.....dy quick on there feet and very very quiet, thats providing they can get through the wrought Iron gates and the Ram raid posts without him hearing .....umm my bets with my Rottie :thumbsup: second most powerful Bite force only second to a Wolf :clap: not bad :smokin:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It needs to be somewhat easy to remove(simple tools can/maybe used), easy to re-install and not too heavy to carry around.

Feedback needed. Thanks ahead.
The ignition amp. 4 small bolts and it's off. Will fit in the pocket quite easily.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I used to carry my ignition amp around with me. With a small cordless driver I could get it out in two minutes tops. Wasn't for protection though - it was more to cool the thing down and avoid getting heat soaked.

What I really want to have are in-car hydraulic jacks. Park the car, then hit a switch and go up on all four jacks like race cars. Not only would it make maintenance a breeze, they would need a forklift to steal your car. And if the city ever tried to tow your car...:D

·
Registered
5,593 Posts

Kp
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hahahahah! Well played mate, nice one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
how about one of thoese quick release steering wheel bosses .... the car is not going far without a steering wheel ...plus they look cool..

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
how about one of thoese quick release steering wheel bosses .... the car is not going far without a steering wheel ...plus they look cool..
I generally take the steering wheel off when it's left for long periods....and turn the steering wheel full lock..it won't stop them but would definately make getting out of the garage a problem..

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
i recon a well hiden kill switch for the ignition/ main batt live, maybe hiden beside the rear power steering bottle?
or just go get a cat1 immobaliser fitted and keep the key hidden in the house
ecu is also in the passengers footwell, you can take that out! it wont go anywhere then.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
well without going into detail as this is a open forum, but a kill switch, fuses to fuel pumps etc will take me under 2 minutes to get past along with your cat1 alarm. These are the first things to look for when stealing a car. Also they do the same job as what a cat1-2 alarm does anyway.

And no im not a car theif! I did however use to recover stolen cars for insurance companys and soon learnt the ways and then a history of car alarm fitting!

The best thing i find to use to keep my car put is a large steel rope (covered in rubber/plastic to stop scratches)
I run this through my wheels and then around a massive metal hoop that in my case is ancoured a few feet below ground and a nice padlock to stop the car being pulled or lifted on a truck!

Now the ways around it would be to cut the steel rope or the padlock. Have you ever tried cutting a large gauge steel rope or padlock? I promise you that you will be there for a while. You could use a stil saw but the noise of it for 30 seconds or so will defo wake the neighbours.

Also i like the anti hijack devices, not the clifford crap! The wirless ones are best as they will let a theif steal your car and then cut the car out after 1 minute or so down the road. Now unless they find this device the first time around they wont be bothering to try and find it at the side of the road 1/2 mile away from your house with horn blazzing.

I also like the gps trackers. Again not 'Tracker u.k' these are pants also. Tracker really need to upgrade there system rather than expecting the police to sit listening to beeps getting louder when they get closer! Its like that 'hot or cold' game you played as a kid!
The Gps tracker works using a phone simcard. You can hide it any where you want so will be hard work for a theif to find. If your car gets stolen then you can phone your car to find out where it is with 3meter accurasy.

They would be my first ideas anyway!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
in my old xr4i days :nervous: i used to take the coil off where ever i parked the car and the battery and coil every night a right old pain in the arse but it never got nicked though
and before we start with the sarcasm ....they were a popular car many moons ago ....:chuckle:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
id unplug the ECU, and put the cover back. its only a couple of screws and a bolt holding the plug in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts