GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i've just got hold of my first Skyline. The suspension is modifiable and the rear mod knobs (oo err) are accessible from behind the rear seats under the parcel shelf. Does that sound right to you guys and if so how do i remove the rear seats please? I've pulled and tugged and i don't know what i'm missing.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
If its the sme as the 33 which i would imagine it is then, undo the 2 bolts that are visible in the foot wells. Get a large strong screw driver. Put it under the seat section and you`ll see that in the centre of each seat is a clip. Push your screw driver in and force its handle up with a fierce jurk and the clips will pop free. You wont break them but they need to be forced free. The back rest of the seat is straight forward. 2 more bolts then lift it up.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Hey all, i've just got hold of my first Skyline. The suspension is modifiable and the rear mod knobs (oo err) are accessible from behind the rear seats under the parcel shelf. Does that sound right to you guys and if so how do i remove the rear seats please? I've pulled and tugged and i don't know what i'm missing.
It's as Hodgie says to remove the seats......but If you want to adjust the suspension you need to access it through the boot:thumbsup: When Abbey fitted my Tein superstreet they extended the adjustment knobs through the rear parcel shelf:thumbsup: Much easier:thumbsup:

Dave:)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have not encountered the clips Hodgie talks about in my R34.
2 bolts in footwell and then simply slide the seat section out.
The backrest "hangs" on large hooks so you need to move it up about an inch before it is free.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
took mine out yesterday. Two 12mm bolts at the bottom of the seat. Lift out easy. Then back bit, pull forward from the bottom and lift upwards and its out. Had no clips on mine.

And my suspension is also extended through the parcel shelf. Im sure you can get to yours through the boot also. Pull the boot trim down. Carfull not to break the clips in the boot.

3,665 Posts
you can only get to the suspension top mounts via the interior not the boot I am afraid.

Rear seats out and parcel shelf out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok .. now i've actually got round to doing this, i found i don't have the tool to get the bolts out .. what are they? Female torque or something ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts