GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a nube question, but before i damage something i shouldn't, how do you remove the gear knob on a r34?

Just bought a new top secret one of matty, seems the pull mechanism for reverse stays but the gear knob can just come off, but i cant seem to remove it?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh btw i have tried unscrewing it anti clockwise..its like it's going to break off and damage something. So before i try with more force just want to make sure if that's the right way

·
Super Moderator
15,847 Posts
They are a bastard to unscrew, just increase force gently!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I've done it now, just had to carefully use some more force, thanks people

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
I was wondering the same, mine is really tight and seems like something will break if I apply full force.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do it gently, gradually applying force, that's how i got mine off. Get a good grip though

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Only a gay man will really know that :chuckle:
Maybe, I did have a picture in my head of you guys, you know 'twisting your knobs' and sharing best practice in a hot tub

Gently
Gently
Faster
Faster
Ok twist hard HARD I TELL YOU, PULL IT OFF NOW

:puke:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll post some pics up of my r34 when it's complete. It's going through a project at the moment bud. Will start a thread in the projects soon. Just gathering all pics etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts