SCRATCHES ALL OVER LENS

AFTER 2000 GRIT SANDPAPER

AFTER 3000 GRIT SANDPAPER

THEN MACHINE POLISH OFF THE SANDPAPER MARKS
AND YOUR LEFT WITH THIS

·
Premium Member
5,855 Posts
TBH just a good hit with Megs Scratch X brings them up a treat. The problem is that the plastic lenses are pourus so exhaust fumes etc just soak right in and the go cloudy again. It is a good idea to use some sealer on them as part of your usual cleaning routine.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I guarantee you it will turn back after a while like it was before. i have done min 3 times now. All you have to do now is to polish them once a month with normal car polish. That way they stay in good shape.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
What pad / compound to you use after the wet sand?

Gave mine a very quick DA polish with 3M green pad and some Mezerna Power gloss, came up Ok but ran out of time. Wet sand is next for me when I have a few hrs.

I think the dullness returns after the initial coating that was on is removed with the first real restoration attempt. A coat of high end UV protecting sealant like Gtechniq C1 might help also.

·
Registered
623 Posts
What pad / compound to you use after the wet sand?

Gave mine a very quick DA polish with 3M green pad and some Mezerna Power gloss, came up Ok but ran out of time. Wet sand is next for me when I have a few hrs.

I think the dullness returns after the initial coating that was on is removed with the first real restoration attempt. A coat of high end UV protecting sealant like Gtechniq C1 might help also.
i still am looking for someone who can spray that in my headlights.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guarantee you it will turn back after a while like it was before. i have done min 3 times now. All you have to do now is to polish them once a month with normal car polish. That way they stay in good shape.

Try Gyeon Trim should last up to 10 months i have applied it to mine 6 months ago and still looks like new.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd imagine after you've done your headlights what you really should do is use a good UV protective sealant.

My old car a 350Z suffered the same problem as the Skyline headlights (scratches & cloudyness) so I used the "Meguiars headlight restoration kit" on them followed by some "Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Paste Wax" which has great UV protective properties plus leaves no white marks like other waxes can.

Seemed to do the job for at least 12 months although I can't comment on how they look now as I sold the car last year. I'd imagine though like all waxes it would need topping up/reapplying every 2-3 months minimum maybe. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts