GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, im in the process of picking up my R34 Gtr from what i can see it has a factory alarm system the key has a red peice on it and it also has a remote that you can unlock the doors and lock the doors with, is there anything else i should know about this system as the car wont start even with another battery ?
If so how do i start this car if the battery was flat ?
What is the procedure please any asap advice would be of the greatest help indeed.

Regards
Adam

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Have you tried to jump it with another car? (Post's under the hood). Was the other battery good for sure??

When mine arrived the battery was flat, but I jumped it enough to idle...it just wouldnt hold enough power to go down the street. I think all R34's have the factory alarm system...

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
don't really see much harm in not doing so,as insurance companies won't insure you unless you have a Cat 1 alarm for sure,and some won't unless you have a tracker fitted!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
the only other consideration is that you need to have the clutch *fully* depressed in order to start the engine...

I found that if the GTR's battery was flat, I couldn't get the engine to run even if I jumped it off another battery! In the end replacing the GTR's battery was the only way to get it to fire up.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
if a battery is too flat it will not jump, This applies to all cars, Either plug in another car via jump leads and run it for 5 mind before trying, or the best bet is swap the battery.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I dont have the GTR, but do have the GTT (couple of weeks old), i had a Toad Ai606 cat 1 alarm fitted to it, but once fitted, the alarm fitter then noticed a standard alarm on the car, wired to the horn (i have a document to say an immobiliser was fitted to the car when it landed)....

So now, when i disarm the Toad alarm, i have 7 seconds to get into the car and get the key in so the factory alarm doesnt go off :(

So not wanting to hijack this thread, but does anyone know how to disable the factory alarm ??
ta
Stuie

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
the only other consideration is that you need to have the clutch *fully* depressed in order to start the engine...

Hmmm, my clutch doesnt have to be depressed for it to start???? Is there something wrong with my car? My pick-up in Japan was the same way though...but it was an 88...:chuckle:

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All worked out fine With Factory Alarm

Right Guys just to say thanks and to let you all know that everything worked out the clutch does need to be depressed before it will start and yes it does have some form of factory alarm/ immobiliser that kicks in when you lock the doors with the remote key.
Anyways it works nicely need GPS tracking now with some other goodies to prevent theft.
Cheers Adam

·
R35 Section manager
10,980 Posts
Hmmm, my clutch doesnt have to be depressed for it to start???? Is there something wrong with my car? My pick-up in Japan was the same way though...but it was an 88...:chuckle:

I think your better off not having to mess about with the clutch:chuckle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts