GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i tell the difference between R32GTR and R33GTR gearboxes?
Did all R33GTR come with pull type clutch?

Thanks
Asim

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Yes to the pull clutch

R33 Boxes (and the late R32 boxes which are the same) have two vents on the bell housing

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
On sunday i picked up the secondhand gearbox i bought. Put it in the car today.

If im not mistaking it is indeed a late R32 / R33 box.
But the wierd thing is, it had a push type clutch arm. Please se pics below and tell me if it is a R33 / late R32 box?

Here on the bellhousing there are 2vents, they are not on my old box.

On this pic you can see there are mounting holes for the pulltype arm on the left side?
My old box had only mounting holes that are to the right on the box.

Here it looks like they have drilled and threaded the holes to fit a push type arm and clutch slave

And finally, what the hell is this thing? The pipe from the main clutchpump comes in to this, and there is a loop that goes out and then back in to this square thingy. And there is a bleeding tap also.

Thanks
Asim

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, lucky me then! :D
Car is up and running again, and this gearbox is just soooo much smoother then the old one, guess the old one had a long hard life!

Well see how this one handles 830ish nm of torque :nervous:

I have also innstalled the Tilton Flow Control Valve. Will try to change the orifice to a smaller one, and see if it will control the slip any further then it is doing now.
just by putting the valve on today i could tell a noticable difference of how the clutch grips after gearchange, still a bit hard, will report back after i change orifice.

Thanks
Asim

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
All R32 boxes run single synchros and all R33 boxes run double row synchros
The last of the R33 boxes hace a different helix on the teeth which is why they are stronger

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All R32 boxes run single synchros and all R33 boxes run double row synchros
The last of the R33 boxes hace a different helix on the teeth which is why they are stronger
Well... New question then.

How do i tell what type R33 gearbox i have?
I have looked at the box, but no markings / numbers of any kind that i could find.

Anyone??

Asim

·
Registered
752 Posts
So I could change my push type to pull type just by changing the bell housing? ie buying a late r32/r33 bell housing? this is because I found a "cheap" tripple plate clutch that is pull type.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
So I could change my push type to pull type just by changing the bell housing? ie buying a late r32/r33 bell housing? this is because I found a "cheap" tripple plate clutch that is pull type.
Not the bell housing, The front plate that the clutch lever pivots on.

·
Registered
752 Posts
oooh! ok, but where on the bell housing would you place the slave cylinder now? (sorry to hijack the thread hehe its about the same issue) So..
Things to buy in order to perform this push to pull conversion are:
Front plate that the clutch lever pivots on.
lever
any other?
will the spline that goes through the clutch fit the pull type clutch(exedy tripple) since its a early 32 spline?

cheers,
joe

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
oooh! ok, but where on the bell housing would you place the slave cylinder now? (sorry to hijack the thread hehe its about the same issue) So..
Things to buy in order to perform this push to pull conversion are:
Front plate that the clutch lever pivots on.
lever
any other?
will the spline that goes through the clutch fit the pull type clutch(exedy tripple) since its a early 32 spline?

cheers,
joe
:chairshot
The third picture down shows both the push and pull mounting holes, with the clutch fork boot in the middle. You will have to take the clutch slave cylinder/fork/centre plate/clutch from the previous box, and install it into the new one.:clap:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well... New question then.

How do i tell what type R33 gearbox i have?
I have looked at the box, but no markings / numbers of any kind that i could find.

Anyone??

Asim
Bump!
There must be somebody that knows how to identify a late model R33GTR gearbox? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have also some problems with gearbox parts. I have -1996 R33 GT-R and I did order 3rd gear assy for it.

I did check the partnumber from Nissan FAST, and the part number
32261-12U14 should be the right one for my car.

But as you can see from this link it is not the same:

http:\\img812.imageshack.us/img812/3556/gearsv.jpg

Sorry, can't post links yet. Change the \\ to // from the link
to see the picture.

So does anyone know what is the problem? Do I have the later 3:rd generation R33 gearbox or what?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts