GTR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the us i florida so its hard to find someone to tune an rb engine. i have a 95 gtst. i have cat back, intake, fmic. im getting down pipe and dump pipe so i want to get it tuned after that. my friend was telling me to do a sfac and have someone tune it on a y band. not sure what all that is but i guess if they know. i keep seeing stuff about apexi power fc but not sure about that either. what should i get and what do i do about tuning. thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would go to someone who has experience with tuning turbo cars. The safc is an "interceptor" that tricks the ecu into thinking there is more/less airflow going into the engine than there actually is. I think your friend means "wideband 02 sensor" not "y band". The Wideband 02 sensor is used to accurately sense the fuel mixtures so you dont run the engine to lean when tuning with the safc or any other type of programmable engine management.

the apexi power fc is a fully programmable ecu that plugs straight into the standard loom. Very easy to setup.

There is alot of information at Skylines Australia aswell as the UK GTR site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts