GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I ask is that i'm hoping to get one soon and would like a secure building to keep it in. Seeing as i've got plenty - and I mean plenty - of space I thought that a container would be ideal to keep the theives off of it as it would be cheaper (contacts bless 'em) than a concrete garage and base, and more secure.

So I wondered if I would be able to get the car in and open the door enough to get my (fairly thin ;) ) frame in and out.

The internal width is about 92", but the more I think about it the more unsure i am :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Oh I'm rubbish at this - posted in the wrong place...sorry :mad:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I have seen an XR2 in a container and it wasnt really wide enough to open the doors with that, so I guess its not gonna be wide enough for the 33 to even get into, I may be wrong though!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
R33 Width

It's on the technical section of this site!

Answer 1.78m.

Guy

PS I have moved thread to correct section.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Or alternatively: 1780mm.
Length: 4675mm.
Height: 1360mm.

Got these out of my Japanese R33 GTR Brochure. :D

Regards,
-Elliot

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah

The one I measured was about 92" internally, and the car is about 72" so that leaves something like 20" if I cram it up against the side.
Thanks folks.

(thanks Guy :eek: !)

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Moschops,

Skylines have big ****'off long doors and a 20" gap is probably going to be really neat after leaving an inch or 2 clearance on the other side of the car. :(

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
When I park in my girlfriends garage block it is tight.
I have to have the window open so I can squeeze out, but then I am a fat git.

I think you'd have to tow or push the car in.

when you park don'r forget the arches are the same width as the mirrors or it could end in tears.

good luck.
/Steve

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seemed like such a good idea at the time... might need a rethink tho.

I'll have to put a door in the side to give me more room to open the drivers door! :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts